SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 12-17-2006, 02:16 PM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Terry, once they're in your album, view them and right click on the image. Go to Properties to see their real Address (URL) on the server. Copy this address and then use the picture button in your post and paste the address in. Hey presto!

And when I download them, they seem to be > 97.7k.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #12
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Terry, once they're in your album, view them and right click on the image. Go to Properties to see their real Address (URL) on the server. Copy this address and then use the picture button in your post and paste the address in. Hey presto!
I think that's exactly what I did. I used the URLs that were reported by Properties, and the bracketed URL and /URL were automatically inserted when I put them in my post. But clicking on them returns an error saying they don't exist.

Thanks for posting the pictures for me, Gareth.
Old 12-17-2006, 07:56 PM   #13
Isidore
Isidore will become famous soon enoughIsidore will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Just for a moment I thought that Gareth had broken his already.....
Old 12-18-2006, 12:52 AM   #14
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Terry,
Your pictures persuaded me to yank the console cover off my I2 and take a look. Although my unit has seen such little use, my tab in intact, but in the closed position, there is freeplay sufficient for it to rattle. At first, I questioned whether that constant rattling could have played a part in the tab failing, but I don't think so. Anyway, a piece of 1/16" rubber shim and a piece of double sided tape made me rattle free. When my tab breaks off, I'll quit brushing my teeth and steal the magnets. Since they used magnets to hold the trim on the console, you'd think they'd have done the same on the door. Thanks again.
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 01:42 AM   #15
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

But those magnets don't hold crap. I use two pieces of mirror mounting tape to hold mine down, as it always gets knocked off. *clatter clatter*

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
Since they used magnets to hold the trim on the console, you'd think they'd have done the same on the door. Thanks again.
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006, 05:39 PM   #16
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I've moved the posts that discuss how to post photos over to the tutorial thread (Now called Tutorial on how to use Coppermine for Photos), which I've made sticky in Site Announcements and feedback. Thanks to Bystander and Steven (and Terry for bringing it up!)
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #17
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hmm, of all the center console covers that have broken, or charging doors with tabs that have snapped, what color were they?

Mine's white, and other than being easily dislodged from the machine, nothing's broken.

Is it mostly black ones that are having problems?

*curious*

SEGsby
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #18
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post

Is it mostly black ones that are having problems?

*curious*

SEGsby
Segsby,

Mine is black and no problems so far. In fact, my console trim panel is held quite tight by the magnets. Since you say the trim panel on yours won't stay in place, I wonder if your magnets are getting down into the appropriate holes to contact the steel screws.

John
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #19
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Default Magnets

I think I have a bunch of magnets that would work for that.

And they are plenty strong. In fact they may be too strong. I will check.

Anybody want some just let me know.

Later today I will check my stock and try to post a photo. This is a great idea. The velcro is good too. They both need to be place where they won't hold the door open.

And yes the slot where you try to get your finger in to open it is no good. It either needs to be opened up with a Dremel so you can get the tip of your finger in it as has been mentioned or it needs a little bump sticking up. It is hard to grind a bump on it.

Marty

Last edited by drmarty; 12-19-2006 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: I wasn't done.
drmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 09:43 PM   #20
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

OK I got some photos uploaded to my gallery cleverly named drmarty. It shows some of the many magnets I have. I do not want to modify mine because it isn't broken. So I will be glad to send you magnets to try and if you need weaker or stronger ones then we can do that. I have attached some photos. There are a couple more at my gallery.

Segsby,
I put two litlle flat magnets where the original two are and it makes the cover harder to pull off. It holds the cover up ever so slightly. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't check it. I didn't glue these in or anything. I just put them on top of the old ones. I have attached two photos. The second one shows the magnet pushed off to the side to show it's thickness and that it is not hooked on any way. It works just set in place.

marty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC190056sm.JPG (16.8 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg PC190057sm.JPG (18.4 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg PC190053smcrop.JPG (7.2 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg PC190060sm.JPG (19.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg PC190064smcrop.JPG (9.1 KB, 31 views)
drmarty is offline   Reply With Quote