SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:53 PM   #21
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

So anyway, how's the weather where everyone lives?
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:00 PM   #22
GlennO
GlennO is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

It's nice here!

I have a few "blind" spots on my routes. When I get to them, I slow down to a crawl and make sure that I'm clear to go before I pass through the driveway. 2 are at my local mall. Oh, they come in from the street too, so lately I've just stood there and directed traffic until all of the cars are gone.

If nothing else, it might teach them to look out for me in case I forget in the future.

Glenn
GlennO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:20 PM   #23
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

The weather is actually pretty good here. It is in the 30's and 40's and so the snow is melting and I can actualy go outside with a t-shirt! I just hope it stays that way or the temp goes up from here!!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 03-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #24
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

78 degrees and Sunny here - going out segging tonight and this weekend.
Gonna be 80 plus this weekend in Texas.
Bill
BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
It's nice here!

I have a few "blind" spots on my routes. When I get to them, I slow down to a crawl and make sure that I'm clear to go before I pass through the driveway. 2 are at my local mall. Oh, they come in from the street too, so lately I've just stood there and directed traffic until all of the cars are gone.

If nothing else, it might teach them to look out for me in case I forget in the future.

Glenn

Just carry a brick on a string hanging from a long pole. (Like the image of the carrot on a stick in front of a mule)

That way the brick takes the brunt of any car flying thru your blind spot, instead of you taking it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:12 PM   #26
Artisan
Artisan is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I sincerly hope that you will be okay. The body's response to trauma can take up to several months to show up. So I would say not to settle too quickly with the insurance company. That being said I can imagine the flustration you may have had with the Glendale police. I used to belong to an ATV riders group who are constantly battling with them. Most riders are over 50 and are street legal. Yet keep getting ticketed by them even while driving a short distance. Of course it gets tossed out in court because the drivers were obeying AZ laws. Now I fully support our officers and I feel sorry for them because they often unjustly get picked on by the public. But several of the forum's members are also officers and one of them even got a ticket riding in Glendale this past year! I used to love going to Glendale but even driving in that area has become a challenge. I can't even imagine gliding with the way most of the people drive. The past few years has seen a spike in illegals many of whom do not know our traffic laws...and jay walking has become an art form there. On second thought I understand why the police are so flustered. I hate to say this but at least the driver had insurance. Twice I've been rear ended and the drivers not only had no insurance but no driver's license. It wasn't even their cars...yet they never got cited by the officers. Hopefully the insurance company will buy you another Segway( may Gilligan RIP). Maybe we both should look into insurance policies for our Segways as talked about in other posts.
Artisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM   #27
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Eric MIA

Has anyone heard from Eric? I'm asking mainly because there are many reasons that he might not be posting. My big fear is that his absence is due to health reasons. Being hit by a truck and thrown up onto the hood could have caused some latent medical condition to pop up days later.

However, I also know that his latest thread (self declared to be a "rant') was deleted. This often is accompanied by being put on moderation. I'd even heard through the grapevine that his next infraction would result in banning.

ps - See if I were a moderator, I'd have their all knowing perspective. I'd just "know" what really happened. But I'm just a member...sure an "advanced member", but that doesn't really give me any insight into what happens behind the scenes. So folks will have to indulge me as I ask about this matter...hopefully those same folks will understand how limiting perspective causes curiosity.

(Hmmm...this leads to another quandry. If a person knows the answer to a question, can they empathize with another person's curiosity (due to not knowing the answer). I doubt the knowledgeable person can even understand the other person's perspective. See just having the knowledge biases you too much IMHO.)
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #28
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Where is Eric?

Hopefully Bill will come on and post updates.

He has logged in as of the 15th so he is out there somewhere!

Polo Pro, Eric is not on moderation. Even if he did rant a bit, and he had a lot to rant about!

If you or anyone else has questions for the moderators, we are just an e-mail away!

Between life, getting out of the hospital, having a run in with a pickup, moving, being a spouse involved in a corporate transfer and other stuff, I am sure Eric has his hands full.

What ever, our thoughts are with Eric, hoping he recovers from everything he has been through in the last month.

Last edited by wwhopper; 03-15-2008 at 09:20 AM..
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #29
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
...our thoughts are with Eric, hoping he recovers from everything he has been through in the last month.
Indeed.

SEGsby
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:09 PM   #30
Eric Payne

I'm here. I've just been something of an emotional wreck and not been doing anything. Today was first time I've picked email in a couple/three days.