SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

View Poll Results: Before reading this post, I was:
aware of the NGDS before reading this post. 1 25.00%
not previously aware of the NGDS, but I am now. 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #1
harris.max
harris.max is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default National Garbage Disposal System

National Garbage Disposal System - Despite several public information and awareness campaigns over the preceding decade, many Americans remain unaware of the National Garbage Disposal System (NGDS). The NGDS, which is available on all interstate highways, is far more than the sum of the interstate highway system's ditches, culverts and shoulders - it is a well-tuned, modern garbage disposal system staffed by a network of highly-trained NGDS agents and volunteer associates. To use the NGDS, simply drive to your nearest interstate, roll down your window, and deposit your unwanted refuse into any NGDS holding area (due to budgetary constraints, most areas are as yet unmarked). If you are making a deposit between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM CST, avoid throwing hazardous sharps or urine bottles at NGDS agents and/or other authorized personnel in the field.

Also be wary of law officers that claim that NGDS usage is illegal - they are most likely police impersonators. (Report all suspected incidents to the Office of Garbage Disposal at the Federal Highway Administration, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE Washington, DC 20590 or visit us on the web at http://www.ngds.dhwy.dot.gov/.) Any attempt to impede, stop, ticket, fine and/or incarcerate NGDS users and agents is AGAINST THE LAW and is punishable by a forfeiture of up to $3700 and/or eighteen (18) months in prison.

NGDS - Leave the trash to us!
harris.max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Verry interesting!

While in the Army, we frequently had police call, to clean the NGDS zones on the post...

I always wondered why people were so willing to deposit cigarette butts, and cigarette package wrappings, yet would not think to toss a candy wrapper on the ground... Always seemed odd to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
harris.max
harris.max is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I think some people must find it odd to stub out a cigarette and then carry it over to a trash can, and they don't want their hands to smell worse by doing so.

I wish that my university would install more ashtrays, but there is a not-so-secret agenda out there that plans on exactly zero Americans smoking in 2025 (or so).
harris.max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:52 AM   #4
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Very Interesteing........ I was not aware of such a system. As far as smokers go, I do not currently smoke, but I appeal the law that was passed in Madison last year (I think it was, my sense of time is off) banning smoking in bars. Although at the time I worked at Cheeseburger In Paradise in Middleton and they got tons of business from it. Not that the law would matter to many people other than you and I max!!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 03-26-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by harris.max View Post
I think some people must find it odd to stub out a cigarette and then carry it over to a trash can, and they don't want their hands to smell worse by doing so.

I wish that my university would install more ashtrays, but there is a not-so-secret agenda out there that plans on exactly zero Americans smoking in 2025 (or so).
My story dates back to the 70's, I have not been on a military police call for several decades...

I do find it interesting how smokers are treated. I do not smoke, and never did, but the world has changed, in the United States anyway...

I do not have a big problem with smokers, but it is a dirty habit. I do not mind pipe tobacco's smell, as well as some illegal plants that I have smelled, but it seems to me that cigarette aromas are less favorable...

My wife hates them, and if I spend time with smokers, I even leave my clothes in the laundry room, as she dislikes the smell of them in the bedroom.

In the workplace, there are no more blond jokes, or polish jokes, or ethnic jokes... There is however, another hoop every day for the smokers among us to jump thru... No smoking at your desk, or in your office... You must go outside. No smoking near this door or that door... Signs all over saying you must stay 50 feet away from this door. etc...

You cannot tell a joke, but you can kick a smoker... It is okay, they don't have the wind to chase after you anyway...LOL

Again, I don't smoke or particularly care for it... But you can do things to smokers, place restrictions, regulate their behavior, in a manner that is simply illegal to do to any other group.

Very interesting...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote