SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-18-2021, 11:09 PM   #41
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Bottleworks, all this forum knows about you is what your -40 posts tell us.

It’s a fact that MTO Battery has a long history of battery-related contributions on this forum, and you don’t.

Sorry for poking your ego so severely!
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 11:50 PM   #42
P99Guy
P99Guy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Update 4/18

FedEx notification that batteries are now scheduled for delivery Tuesday 4/20.

I intend to take some photos for my review. Can anyone suggest how to post them or a link for a good image host?

Thanks.
P99Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:25 PM   #43
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Update 4/19

Woohoo! Batteries arrived today 19 days after ordering them!
That has truly surprised and delighted me.

I have photographed, unpackaged, voltage checked, installed and taken for a glide.

All seems A-OK at this point.

I will start a new thread for my initial and long term review.

Look for Aftermarket Battery Reviews

Last edited by P99Guy; 04-19-2021 at 08:48 PM..
Old 04-25-2021, 11:02 AM   #44
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleworks View Post
Maybe it's because, for the entire thread, you have been JUST short of accusing the seller as a scammer with absolutely no proof. In virtually every post. You couldn't even follow simple links to alliexpress, but you keep implying that something must be wrong. Grow up. I just absolutely hate cowards like this trying to derail other people. If you have proof of something, then bring it. Otherwise leave.
Bottleworks, This is a notable sentiment, but I fear may be futile. Civicsman has been doing this for decades. He presents as if he knows all, and does not get the humor and dichotomy of his self made name, as he is one of the least civil people on this forum, and I have been gone for a number of years, only to return to the same droll that I dealt with a decade ago.

Good luck in trying to hold him accountable or reasonable. It was beyond any ability I had years ago, and do not care to try now.

And do not fear, as my support of your trying to hold him accountable will undoubtedly be met with the same vitriol and bile that I got from this source in the past.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #45
seanate
seanate is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Hi Amy,

It appears that the Segway i2/x2 batteries on the AliExpress store with a capacity greater than 5.2 Ah are a ternary lithium chemistry.

I also see one with a 5.2 Ah capacity listed as having "LiFePO4 Ternary Lithium" type chemistry. Can you clarify if this battery uses LiFePO4 cells, or is it using ternary lithium cells?

Do you offer any LiFePO4 batteries at capacity greater than 5.2Ah?

I am considering purchasing a set of new batteries, but I have several concerns about the longevity and safety of the ternary lithium chemistry.

Thanks!
seanate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 09:06 PM   #46
Amy Yu
Amy Yu is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Hello my friend,
We now have three types of batteries.
5.2AH(LiFePo4), 10AH(ternary), and 12AH(ternary)
The greater the capacity, the greater the available mileage.
Please don't worry, our ternary battery is very safe, all batteries are tested before being sent.
And we have a one-year warranty. If there is any quality problem with our battery within one year, I will send you a new battery for free.
Best regards, Amy
Amy Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:53 PM   #47
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Update 04/27

Sorry no real update this week. Too much other work to take the Segways out.

This weekend looks possible. I have been answering questions for a few persons interested in the batteries and taken a couple videos of the charging lights.

Batteries appear to be working fine per the provided APP.

I am learning more about the APP and it’s function and it actually is useful just to know what is happening with the cells in the battery.

The APP has had 2 updates since installing but still has a lockup issue on a less important information page.

There have not been any battery firmware updates which the APP says it is capable of.

Guess we will see. Stay tuned.

D
Old 05-19-2021, 11:55 PM   #48
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Update 05/19/2021

Batteries are working great have completed 2 19 mile glides and 1 24 mile glide all with battery remaining.

I am ordering 10 more batteries from Amy to have comparison tests between my units (i2, X2, i2se)

Will work on long term tests now.
Old 06-01-2021, 01:59 PM   #49
thrasher187
thrasher187 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

After contemplating buying some of these batteries for some time without any real information online about them, I finally found this post and was convinced I should buy a set. I purchased the 5.2ah batteries as well about two weeks ago. Ali Express has sent several updates and kept me well informed. Even showing a count down clock to when the items would be shipped overseas. So far I have had a small mix-up with the tracking number where I received the wrong tracking number. It said they were on the way, then they had been delivered already on Friday. I messaged Amy on Friday about the issue.Really had my hopes up I would have them for Memorial Day weekend. Would have been less than a 2 week wait. New tracking number was given on the same Friday showing a label has been created but not shipped at this point (Monday). I can say Amy has been great with quick communication and I understand Mix-Ups can happen so no hard feelings at this point as the time frame would still be extremely quick if they showed up today. I will keep you updated.
thrasher187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 10:27 PM   #50
P99Guy

5 yr Member

Thanks for the information. I am still incredibly happy with mine.

My initial order of 2 batteries with Amy took 19 days to be delivered due to the Chinese Holiday.

I am waiting now on my second order of 10 batteries. They were delayed for a week due to Amy’s vacation so I expect it to take a couple more weeks.

No worries though. I am also getting the diagnostic tool and charger with this order so I can report on them once they arrive.

Also if you have looked at Aliexpress lately it appears the least expensive 5.2ah (6ah) have gone up in price by about $100. The higher amperage ternary batteries have gone down in price.

I think they may be trying to steer us to the non lifepo4 batteries.

I will ask.