SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 12-17-2007, 01:02 AM   #1
ryan_walters
ryan_walters will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default How many forum members does it takes to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Found this funny.
Some of this sounds vaguely familar.
ryan_walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Wow!

Mee two.

Err... Me too!
LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation and...

One to pimp it!

I made it 30% brighter, with its own independent power source

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something right™

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #4
apollo
apollo is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

ryan_walters, you have summed up why there are so many of the people who started and loved this community back in the early days (2002, 2003, early 2004) .... why there are so few of those people who still check this board and bother with it.

Bravo, Sir!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

Actually,although I think Ryan's post is quite fun, I also think that one of the reason so few of the 2002 and 3'ers still post is because they're typically early adopters. Saw it with pt. They're always seeking the newest, brightest and best of technology (which is not a bad thing) and tend to move in the direction that that leads them - and with only 24 hours in a day.....

Some of us gave our hearts to this contraption, hang out for the community, through the ups and downs of LLC, INC, and the IT/PT that we love. But a lot of the early adopters lives have moved on into other ventures.

pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default the changing profile of a glider through time

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Actually,although I think Ryan's post is quite fun, I also think that one of the reason so few of the 2002 and 3'ers still post is because they're typically early adopters. Saw it with pt. They're always seeking the newest, brightest and best of technology (which is not a bad thing) and tend to move in the direction that that leads them - and with only 24 hours in a day.....

Some of us gave our hearts to this contraption, hang out for the community, through the ups and downs of LLC, INC, and the IT/PT that we love. But a lot of the early adopters lives have moved on into other ventures.
Pam, what do you think are the main differences between the early adopters and the most recent inductees into the glider ranks?

I know that I differ from both past and current gliders in what I'll pay for a segway. While my average cost is $1800 per segway (with tax and shipping included in those numbers), over the last couple years I probably do spent upwards of $3500 per segway when I factor in all the extra accessories I bought (extra Li-Ions, Segseat, spinners, lower cargo system, trailer, off board chargers, spare tires, lights, locks, etc). Still, none of this comes close to what the early adopters (and even new buyers) spend.

ps - Folks need to realize that I tinker and having spare parts is a priority. I'm proud to say that none of my segways have ever gone back to INC (mainly because I'd be afraid of how long it'd stay there).
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #7
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

I think a lot of the more recent inductees into the glider ranks have been more deliberate in their purchases, and I would assume would hang around more (until other circumstances in their lives pulled them away - we live in a fast-evolving society).

Yes, all us early adopters paid full price to be at the front of the technology <G>. There were no "used" Segways at that point. In fact, for many early adopters, there weren't even any NEW Segways if they bought between November of 2002 and March of 2003, when the first deliveries were made (other than the early delivery contest winners - the "early 30" as I call them).

pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
Pam, what do you think are the main differences between the early adopters and the most recent inductees into the glider ranks?

I know that I differ from both past and current gliders in what I'll pay for a segway. While my average cost is $1800 per segway (with tax and shipping included in those numbers), over the last couple years I probably do spent upwards of $3500 per segway when I factor in all the extra accessories I bought (extra Li-Ions, Segseat, spinners, lower cargo system, trailer, off board chargers, spare tires, lights, locks, etc). Still, none of this comes close to what the early adopters (and even new buyers) spend.

ps - Folks need to realize that I tinker and having spare parts is a priority. I'm proud to say that none of my segways have ever gone back to INC (mainly because I'd be afraid of how long it'd stay there).
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post

Polo

when this chat was first formed, the majority of early members were interested in the segway technology and most of us had very few details. then we ordered almost sight unseen from amazon and awaited. I, along with Brooster was fortunate enough to attend the first training group in New Hampshire and we were all like little kids. Nobody really knew much so there were constant questions or comments on every aspect of a segway. In the beginning there were no segway lights so many of us tried various types to see what worked best and communicated such info through segwaychat.

at the first segwayfest we got to meet many of those people we had basically corresponded with and in many cases those friendships continue through today. But at some time you reach a point where there is very little new about segways. in the beginning there was little talk of how to use or where to use a segway, but dealt with just using and enjoying the segway.

I think many people continue to view segwaychat but there is little new to say and at times there seems to be more discussions which have nothing to do with the original post. There is more to life than segways.

hopefully the segway technology will continue to evolve and maybe even new units will be offered. that will get more people involved.

"If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you"
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 05:16 PM   #9
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAG1247 View Post
when this chat was first formed, the majority of early members were interested in the segway technology and most of us had very few details. then we ordered almost sight unseen from amazon and awaited. I, along with Brooster was fortunate enough to attend the first training group in New Hampshire and we were all like little kids. Nobody really knew much so there were constant questions or comments on every aspect of a segway. In the beginning there were no segway lights so many of us tried various types to see what worked best and communicated such info through segwaychat. at the first segwayfest we got to meet many of those people we had basically corresponded with and in many cases those friendships continue through today. But at some time you reach a point where there is very little new about segways. in the beginning there was little talk of how to use or where to use a segway, but dealt with just using and enjoying the segway.

I think many people continue to view segwaychat but there is little to say and at times there seems to be more discussions about religion and politics. There is more to life than segways

hopefully the segway technology will continue to evolve and maybe even new units will be offered. that will get more people involved.

there are also those who like reading their own words continuously (and like to increase their post count). Quantity is not quality!

to the future!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this post looked familiar...
Emphasis mine

Last edited by hellphish; 12-18-2007 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: formatting
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:05 PM   #10
RAG1247
RAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud ofRAG1247 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
[/size]

I thought this post looked familiar...
Emphasis mine

and your point is??????????????????????

yes it is a revised post of another one posted in this thread (that I also posted in another thread) because I thought it pertinent

"If you can’t change the people around you, change the people around you"
RAG1247 is offline   Reply With Quote