SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default I just got word from Ford. They are not making the 1978 Pinto anymore!

This is terrible news. They are not making parts for the 1978 Pinto at the factory any more or supporting the Pinto line anymore... Woe is us!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 04:58 AM   #2
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Thumbs down

Petty retaliatory actions, such as these, do not befit anyone who claims any political stake in a future incarnation of SegAmerica...

SEGsby
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Exclamation Pinto Recall

I do remember that the 1978 Pinto was recalled, if the car was 'nudged' the gas tank exploded.

While FORD said it was just a minor problem, and that it just required a software upgrade.

PintoAmerica was saying that "We are proud to know that Ford is recalling all Pinto's to install this upgrade, and we support them in this, to make the Pinto safer then ever"

Jonathan

PROUD past Pinto owner, and member of the First Primer Paint Owners Group and subsequent ones as well.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:19 AM   #4
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Ah the legendary Pinto

My girlfriend between High School and College had one, but one of her friend's had a Granada... Now there was a great 1970's car!

I always wanted a Cordoba, if for no other reason that to speak the name of the leather seats!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

This belongs in off-topic. Too bad there isn't a subform called "passive agressive rants."
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
This belongs in off-topic. Too bad there isn't a subform called "passive agressive rants."
Oh . . . the irony.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #7
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by quade View Post
Oh . . . the irony.
Believe me, it didn't escape me
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 PM   #8
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
Petty retaliatory actions, such as these, do not befit anyone who claims any political stake in a future incarnation of SegAmerica...

SEGsby

I know it was silly. Petty maybe, but retaliatory to what? I thought it did a good job to place my opinion in front of many readers. It did that.

If you assume I take a political stake in some future anything, you are welcome to your opinion. I don't share it. I am still an enthusiat, and would surely support many activities that are segway related, but I don't understand why you feel I should not be allowed to express my opinon. However, I do support your right to attempt to supress it.

Many have tried, few have succeeded... LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:31 PM   #9
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Don't be so paranoid, Karl...

I have never expressed any interest in seeing your online efforts suppressed. In fact, I've quite enjoyed your more recent posts where you've confused how an i2 actually turns (memory shape of the rubber?), or how many MPG a MiniCooper (not a SmartCar) gets... And now the transparently petty Pinto jab at Macgeek... It's priceless, really.

So, please keep proceeding as you have been. If you want to be petty, that's perfectly fine with me. But be aware it might likely mire any social / political intentions your proud tag line appears to espouse for yourself.

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I know it was silly. Petty maybe, but retaliatory to what? I thought it did a good job to place my opinion in front of many readers. It did that.

If you assume I take a political stake in some future anything, you are welcome to your opinion. I don't share it. I am still an enthusiat, and would surely support many activities that are segway related, but I don't understand why you feel I should not be allowed to express my opinon. However, I do support your right to attempt to supress it.

Many have tried, few have succeeded... LOL
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #10
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Jib Jab

I poke karl, He pokes me, In truth its harmless fun.

Offline, I still respect Karl and being a hard worker, supports a wife and children,
He takes an active interest in his community. he has done some impressive Mods to his segs.
He is as passionate as I am, thats the funny part of it all, he and I are alot alike.

The only real difference, is that I am far funnier then him, and am a much better pimper

Jonathan

PROUD past Pimper, and account holder at the First Trust And Federal Savings Bank and subsequent ones as well.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote