SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 10-11-2006, 01:35 AM   #11
brad@net-net.com
brad@net-net.com

5 yr Member

Yes, I tried tipping it at "extreme" angles (e.g. 90-degrees right, left, forward, and back), but I didnt try doing this at minor (5-degree??) angles. I will try that tomorrow. How many degrees in each direction would you recommend? 1-degree? 5-degrees? 20-degrees? Other??
brad@net-net.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:40 AM   #12
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default voodoo

Your guess is as good as mine. Heck, pull the tires off and stick the whole thing in the refrigerator. It worked for another i2 owner's batteries!

ps - This last comment was more of a joke. Don't take it seriously.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 AM   #13
brad@net-net.com
brad@net-net.com

5 yr Member
Post Contacting Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAG1247 View Post
Working with the dealer is fine but you don't seem to have got a definitive answer

I would call segway again and keep talking to people until someone answers your question and states what error code E017 - thy may require the return of the unit, etc. but it makes no sense that someone there is not able to define what E017 means
Yes, I will go back to Segway again, if the dealer cannot help me in the next day or so. The Columbus Day Holiday (Monday) is partly to blame for slow response. The dealer is genuinely trying to help ...
Old 10-26-2006, 12:26 PM   #14
brad@net-net.com
brad@net-net.com

5 yr Member
Default Segway RMA's the unit

Segway ultimately took back the unit (i.e. the "E017" error message is pretty fatal!) and cross-shipped me another one. I kept the handlebars (which now come in a separate box) and shipped the Powerbase back to Segway as instructed via RMA#'s (Returned Merchandise Authorization) and pre-printed shipping documents from Segway/FedEx. The unit that Segway sent me worked fine, out of the box. Segway did charge me for the replacement unit (full-price for Powerbase = $4,000.00) and Segway will CREDIT my credit card when they receive the defective unit back at Segway. Segway picked up the FEDEX charges both ways. All in all, this took about 3 weeks after paying for the unit up front. Now I need to have some small parts re-shipped to me because of parts that come with the handlebars, but are attached to the Powerbase (Console Trim and InfoKey Dock Adapter).

Case Closed.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #15
sholloway
sholloway will become famous soon enoughsholloway will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Dealers do not have a list of error codes yet. Segway is working on a list of codes to publish. First they wanted to have them so that everyone would HAVE to call in so they could keep track of what errors were occuring. Now they are working on dealer/consumer friendly descriptions of the error codes and will deploy the list on their website (so they can capture the inquiries). There is no timeline set yet but it IS being worked on.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

sholloway is offline   Reply With Quote