SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion > Reference Information & How-To's

Notices

Reference Information & How-To's Valuable reference information, stolen Segway reporting, how-to's, error codes & more.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:16 AM   #1
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Lightbulb PT (i2/x2) Error Codes & Meanings

Sorry if you thought you were going to get all the error code meanings on this thread - I don't have them. But between us all, we should be able to compile a list. So, please post any error codes you get from your PT and the associated meanings (if you know or as they become available). One thread to bring it all together might be helpful.

Was no list circulated at the fest?
Old 10-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Error code: C103, C100
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13656
Meaning: ? Temperature ?

Error code: E205
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13132
Meaning: ?

Error code: E102
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13762
Meaning: Dead battery.

Error code: E10A
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13762
Meaning: Power Base failure.

Error code: E017
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13649
Meaning: ? Moisture ?

Can a dealer not get the definitive list from INC?

Last edited by gbrandwood; 10-22-2006 at 10:26 AM..
gbrandwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholloway View Post
Dealers do not have a list of error codes yet. Segway is working on a list of codes to publish. First they wanted to have them so that everyone would HAVE to call in so they could keep track of what errors were occuring. Now they are working on dealer/consumer friendly descriptions of the error codes and will deploy the list on their website (so they can capture the inquiries). There is no timeline set yet but it IS being worked on.
Guess I'll just post a link here when it goes live. Until then, any info we find could still go here.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:33 AM   #4
dave
dave is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Default Error code E012

I discovered this error code when playing with the second infokey I received. If you start the Segway with one infokey, and shut it down with the second infokey, the first infokey shows this error code: E012
dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 02:56 AM   #5
ryan_walters
ryan_walters will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default C040

Error code C040:

As far as I can tell, this error code is displayed when the wheels loose traction while in rider balance mode. After about 5 seconds of displaying the error message, the segway powers down completely.

I've gotten this twice so far:

Once after getting off to lead it up a curb. It takes a second or two for the seg to drop back to riderless balance mode after getting off, especially if the mats are cold; I suspect they don't 'pop back up' as quick. It was still in full rider balance mode when I leaned it forward for it to go up the curb. With the snow, the wheels didn't have enough traction to climb the curb and started spinning. Because it was still in 'rider' mode, it applies power way quicker than when 'riderless'. It spun the wheels for a second or so, and shuts down with C040.

The second time, also related to snow: Going up a snow covered grass hill slowly. Wheels lost traction (with me on it), forcing me to step forward to avoid falling. Wheels continued to spin for a second until C040 and power down.
ryan_walters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 AM   #6
gbrandwood
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Error code: E17F
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13911
Meaning: Pushing the envelope too far when braking?

Error code: C208
Discussed here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthread.php?t=13911
Meaning: Temporary error, occurred after charge then power on
Old 05-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #7
Toto
Toto is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Exclamation C040

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_walters View Post
Error code C040:

As far as I can tell, this error code is displayed when the wheels loose traction while in rider balance mode. After about 5 seconds of displaying the error message, the segway powers down completely.

I've gotten this twice so far:

Once after getting off to lead it up a curb. It takes a second or two for the seg to drop back to riderless balance mode after getting off, especially if the mats are cold; I suspect they don't 'pop back up' as quick. It was still in full rider balance mode when I leaned it forward for it to go up the curb. With the snow, the wheels didn't have enough traction to climb the curb and started spinning. Because it was still in 'rider' mode, it applies power way quicker than when 'riderless'. It spun the wheels for a second or so, and shuts down with C040.

The second time, also related to snow: Going up a snow covered grass hill slowly. Wheels lost traction (with me on it), forcing me to step forward to avoid falling. Wheels continued to spin for a second until C040 and power down.
I got this error code when experimenting with a jacked Segway. It was "jacked" on a plastic box below the batteries, e.g. to dismount both wheels at a time.
I wondered what will happen when I activate riderless balance mode (by pressing one mat contact down).
Since the whole thing wasn't perfectly leveled the wheels very slowly started to spin in riderless balance mode. By moving the LSF the wheels did respond accordingly - but still quite slowly.
Then I activated rider balance mode (by pressing both contacts of a mat) and was actually a bit surprised that the Segway apparently tried to keep balance with full power and resulting heavy wheel spin for some seconds before powering down automatically. Infokey showed C040 and, I guess, the last measured "speed" of about 30km/h
So just be careful with such experiments...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Toto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:38 AM   #8
segway scotty
segway scotty is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Cool e102

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I discovered this error code when playing with the second infokey I received. If you start the Segway with one infokey, and shut it down with the second infokey, the first infokey shows this error code: E012
do the recalibration , thats what segway told me to do.
I drained the batts just like the manual told me and
no more codes so far-- my new x2 is working great.
they say your x2 only works as good as the worst battery
this rebalances them. anyway it worth a try.
segway scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:17 PM   #9
martinbogo
martinbogo is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default e102 - Battery / board communication

After swapping batteries, I got an e102 message .. the off-board charger had gotten the contacts on the batteries dirty. If you use more than one set of batteries, check the contacts for cleanliness.

After cleaning the contacts (pencil eraser + air can method) the error disappeared.
martinbogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:15 PM   #10
terryp
terryp has a spectacular aura aboutterryp has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Another scenario with E012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
I stopped for coffee on the way to work, and left the Seg in standby mode with the infokey attached. When I went to leave, I found the Seg powered down - as expected, but the infokey was still turned on, with an E012 error code. Since it apparently thought the Seg was still running, it wouldn't let me start it without first resetting the infokey by releasing the back. I don't carry the spare infokey with me, so this can't be what Dave described.