SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:55 PM   #1
BlastaMasta
BlastaMasta is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Question Ninebot ES2 range.

Hi, I just bought ES2 kickscooter, and although it is advertised to have a range of 15 miles, mine after going for about 5 miles was left with 30% battery...

Although I had my both front and back light as well as under deck light's turned on and riding in sport mode on mostly flat terrain I feel a little bit unimpressed by it's performance, or maybe my battery is defective?

How can I tell if the later is the case? are there any telltale signs that the battery is not performing as it should be?

Also I noticed sometimes it disengages cruise mode by itself, are there any sensors that turn's it off? Or could it be that there is a loose connection (or wire).

I am interested how does other people Es2 perform.
BlastaMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 07:41 AM   #2
redjon
redjon is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

15 miles will be in the most economical mode, with the lightest rider and no lights! Dead flat. Have you only got the single battery?
redjon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
iMak
iMak is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastaMasta View Post
Hi, I just bought ES2 kickscooter, and although it is advertised to have a range of 15 miles, mine after going for about 5 miles was left with 30% battery...

Although I had my both front and back light as well as under deck light's turned on and riding in sport mode on mostly flat terrain I feel a little bit unimpressed by it's performance, or maybe my battery is defective?

How can I tell if the later is the case? are there any telltale signs that the battery is not performing as it should be?

Also I noticed sometimes it disengages cruise mode by itself, are there any sensors that turn's it off? Or could it be that there is a loose connection (or wire).

Did you try with turning all the lights off?
iMak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 10:51 AM   #4
Bvzijverden
Bvzijverden is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastaMasta View Post

In the same boat as you! Although having an ES1 I'm very unimpressed with it's range.
A trip to the bakery took it from 100% to 90%.
Bought the additional battery but that also didn't improve it much. A 7.7km trip reduced overall percentage by 55%.

I have posted a threat on here asking about the same topic. Just curious, do you also hear a strange rumbling sound from the motor when you spin it top speed in the air?
Bvzijverden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 04:44 AM   #5
NinebotNut
NinebotNut is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

I just got my scooter and in sport mode with lights on I got about 9 miles. Estimating mileage on a scooter can be difficult because it depends on the weight of the rider and the terrain. I'm happy with 9 or 10 miles. My previous scooter only got 5 or 6. I've purchased the external battery and may try that soon.

The electric scooter market is fairly new and there aren't many scooter that get great mileage without weighing a lot or being less portable, etc. Most manufacturers have been over selling the declared mileage on all scooters that I've seen advertised.

Always read reviews from users and ask about the rider weight and terrain. Supposedly the InMotion L8f and L6 were supposed to get pretty good mileage, but they're hard to find anymore and expensive.

In the next two to three years I think we'll see a boost n mileage. The soon to be released Ninebot Max is supposed to get 40 miles. But, I'm guessing it's more like 25.
NinebotNut is offline   Reply With Quote