SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 09-08-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
bstarr
bstarr is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile Greetings from South Georgia y'all

I am an about to be I2 owner. I'm still trying to decide about options. I would appreciate advice on the reliability of the LeanSteer Frame Tool-less Release. We travel in a Motor Home. What is the best way to get the I2 up the steps?
bstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:32 PM   #2
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I'd recommend against getting the leansteer frame toolless release.

Note it does NOT claim to be a quick release! In fact, it's actually SLOWER than either the regular one, or the one that comes with the lock.

My favorite of the three is the one for the lock. It sticks out making it easy to turn with your fingers. But the standard one is pretty easy to turn with a hex wrench.

But the tool-less release you can't just twirl between your fingers, you have to actually move the handle around and around and around and around.

And when tightening, it's hard to get a secure grip that won't slip.

The only downside to using the stock or lock ones are that you need to carry that little tool.

Still, it's a pain to attach and detach a lot. I do it several times a day. I've made it as easy as I can -- I scratched a small mark on the leansteer that I can align with a letter on the decal, to take the guesswork out of positioning it. So I can put it on or off in a couple minutes.

But still, I find it very annoying and time wasting. I'll be very glad when I get my Segvator, and can just pop it onto the back of my car, on those occasions when I must drive.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #3
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstarr View Post
I am an about to be I2 owner. I'm still trying to decide about options. I would appreciate advice on the reliability of the LeanSteer Frame Tool-less Release. We travel in a Motor Home. What is the best way to get the I2 up the steps?
Have you read http://forums.segwaychat.com/showthr...ase#post176509 thread? This is a terrible accessory.

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:22 AM   #4
bstarr
bstarr is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Good Advice

Thanks for the heads up. I'll go with the standard model. Another question. I drive an ancient but venerable low mileage 98 Camry. Would there be a problem equipping it with a SegVator lift?
bstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
DarthSegVator
DarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really niceDarthSegVator is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstarr View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go with the standard model. Another question. I drive an ancient but venerable low mileage 98 Camry. Would there be a problem equipping it with a SegVator lift?
Answered in another thread you started.
DarthSegVator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 10:04 PM   #6
tonyb
tonyb is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile Greetings from Melbourne, Australia

Hi and greetings from Melbourne, Australia. I have recently purchased two second hand i170 Segways and after wanting one for some time I am thrilled to finally ride one. I have fitted a handlebar bag, lights, speedo and a home made tow hitch which I use to pull a small trailer for my 10mth old daughter. I purchased a trailer for my car to transport the Segways and small fold up baby trailer but I am thinking of making a hauler (not available here) Are there any other Aussies in the group?
tonyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tool-lessrelease