SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:09 AM   #1
ronzul
ronzul is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Question p133 tyres

Hi guys

My trusty p133 from 2003 still has reasonable tread on my current set of tyres. And I'm fortunate enough now to also have a I series which helps me minimise the use of its baby brother.

However, one day I will need to replace the tyres (or tyres + wheels).

Has anyone had any success sourcing an alternate tyre and attaching it (with a tube) to the wheels?

I know it's a long shot, but I'll contact Michelin this week.

Cheers
Ronny
Old 06-08-2015, 01:31 PM   #2
GregRice
GregRice will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Ronny, yes getting tires or a lot of other parts for the P 133 is getting hard. I have 4 P's so I know all to well. Have you seen a Ninebot E yet? They're the China company that now owns Segway. The Ninebot has 16" tires. The tires are made by Michelin I think. They do look a little wider though. If there's a Ninebot dealer close to where you're at stop by and see if you think they might work. I know the rims are different but a good bike shop could change the tires on to your Segway rims. Here's a link to Ninebot's US distributor listing their replacement tires and rims. Good luck!

http://www.ninebotus.com/tire-assemb...nebot-e-elite/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GregRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #3
vertigo1
vertigo1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default A glimmer of hope?

I just came into a P133 myself but the tires are indeed starting to dryrot. If the ninebot tires will fit, I would be SOOO happy. At lest SOME good will have come from that ungodly union...
Old 06-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #4
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I know this is the wrong forum, so moderators: please feel free to move if appropriate

Just FYI...I have a brand new set of p133 series, still in box. And I think I have a new set of batteries.

I purchased a used but in very good condition p133 from an authorized reseller a few years ago, but the cables at the top of the control shaft got pinched during shipping due to the way it was shipped. I never got the cables fixed, so this p133 with its brand new extra set of batteries and tires has been sitting here for a few years needing a loving owner.

If either of you needs batteries or tires or a p133 which needs its control shaft cable replaced...just let me know.
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #5
vertigo1

5 yr Member
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SegwayUtah View Post
I know this is the wrong forum, so moderators: please feel free to move if appropriate

If either of you needs batteries or tires or a p133 which needs its control shaft cable replaced...just let me know.
I think this is quite appropriate as you are in fact answering the OP's question of where to get tires.... you! :-)
My only question is; are they dryrotting? That's the issue mine have. If you bent them, they should be flexible like rubber but if they're dryrotting, then they'll start cracking :-/.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:14 AM   #6
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

Hi vertigo1,

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo1 View Post
I think this is quite appropriate as you are in fact answering the OP's question of where to get tires.... you! :-)
My only question is; are they dryrotting? That's the issue mine have. If you bent them, they should be flexible like rubber but if they're dryrotting, then they'll start cracking :-/.
They're new in box, direct from the Segway dealer. I opened the box a while ago to look at them and they still looked shiny-brand-new. I'd be happy to double-check.

Chris
Old 01-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #7
mdown4
mdown4

5 yr Member
Default p133 tires

I saw that you had some new tires for the p133, but this was back in June. I am desperate for some for my daughter's Segway that she uses constantly, as she has mobility issues. Anyone out there have any tires or suggestions?
mdown4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:42 AM   #8
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdown4 View Post
I saw that you had some new tires for the p133, but this was back in June. I am desperate for some for my daughter's Segway that she uses constantly, as she has mobility issues. Anyone out there have any tires or suggestions?
Yup. I have a brand new set of p133 tires, still original in Segway packaging. I opened the box to check them out, so they might be a bit dusty...but they are otherwise brand new with all the tread. I also have an extra set of p133 batteries and, technically, an extra p133 if you need parts

Let's continue this in PM so we don't hijack the thread with buy/sell messages.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:57 PM   #9
vertigo1

5 yr Member
Unhappy The verdict?

Any chance anyone found a solution for tire replacement for the P133? There HAS to be some tire out there tat will fit these little guys.
The way they're built; the machine will last forever, but the only consumable item -tires- will inevitably wear out or (in my case) dryrot.
ANY ideas welcome
Cheers!
Old 01-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #10
snaffah
snaffah is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I have complete p133s for sale with good tires, and I have a few sets of new p133 tires as well. If anyone is looking for either send me a message.
snaffah is offline   Reply With Quote