SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:59 PM   #21
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Karl,

Browsing SC on my Blackberry is a pain as I don't believe they have a mobile version of their pages.

Have you found the secret to do so?

Steven

No, I don't. It is doable, but annoying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #22
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Must... obey... Apple... can't... question... just... click.... OK!

Seriously though, all System / ancillary updates (at least I know I do) are accepted without question. I haven't yet had a Mac update (through the SWW update pane) that wasn't good for the system.

I tell my parents to do the same things. I'd rather have them accept all the updates that come through, instead of having to pick and choose. They'll get their OS X security updates without having to call me, and their system will behave as mine, when they need help, which makes telephone support for them (by me) easier.

The actual OS X Upgrades, on the other hand... I usually wait a few months before taking the plunge.

Speaking of helping out the parental units, I think I may take the Leopard plunge after all only for the easy screen sharing features built in to iChat, a program which my Mom actually uses... That'll help me help them even more hands on from a distance.

-Sal
Be careful about what you tell your parents. I told my mom to do the same with her mac, and it turns out that the latest Safari breaks Gmail (which is pretty much the only site she uses) in many subtle ways, including breaking the autocomplete feature when entering email addresses. It took her a bit of training, but now I have her moved over to firefox where things are working well.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:14 PM   #23
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Question Can we train the spell checker to be segfriendly?

Is there a reason we don't have Segway related phrases added to the built in checker here?

It's odd that SEGWAY, LSF, infokey, ibutton, etc., do not seem to be understood by the dictionary.

SEGsby
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 06:35 PM   #24
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
Is there a reason we don't have Segway related phrases added to the built in checker here?

It's odd that SEGWAY, LSF, infokey, ibutton, etc., do not seem to be understood by the dictionary.

SEGsby

Well if you've been following the thread you would understand that there is no spell checker built in to the editor used on this site. Any spell checking is taking place inside your browser, so the options for your browser is the tree you should be vocallizing up.
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 07:49 PM   #25
SEGsby

5 yr Member

Not been following the thread at all, but it would make sense to have site specific dictionaries that can be modified to use a particular subculture's lingo, when visited...

Oddly enough, I can't find any information on a browser-specific spelling function inside Mozilla Firefox. Where would the controls and spelling file be located for such a feature?

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
Well if you've been following the thread you would understand that there is no spell checker built in to the editor used on this site. Any spell checking is taking place inside your browser, so the options for your browser is the tree you should be vocallizing up.
Old 12-19-2007, 09:21 PM   #26
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Well, options advanced does "check my spelling as I type" Then if the word is not in the dictionary, it gets a red line under it... and then if you select the word and right click on it, Firefox will give you a choice of words for the spelling, and the option to add the word to the dictionary.

But I don't know where the dictionary is <G>. Mozillazine had a link to information about the dictionaries, though. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dictionaries

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:44 PM   #27
SEGsby

5 yr Member

Thanks for the info. Firefox's Help system didn't show anything when doing a Feature / Function search.

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Well, options advanced does "check my spelling as I type" Then if the word is not in the dictionary, it gets a red line under it... and then if you select the word and right click on it, Firefox will give you a choice of words for the spelling, and the option to add the word to the dictionary.

But I don't know where the dictionary is <G>. Mozillazine had a link to information about the dictionaries, though. http://kb.mozillazine.org/Dictionaries

Pam
Old 12-21-2007, 03:56 PM   #28
Eric Payne

Default Windows Mobile 6

I've frequently gone to SC on my AT&T Tilt, and I've found the best web browser to use on that portable device to view these pages is Opera Mobile. It reformats the page to fit in the screen... might make each individual message incredibly long, but don't have to keep moving the horizontal slide bar to finish a sentence.