SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 02-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #31
S-Tip
S-Tip

5 yr Member

Hi! I'm a new Segway owner. I took a tour, became addicted and bought one on the internet. I'm learning to use it fast. I wish there were other riders in the area. (Clearwater Florida) S-Tip
Old 02-17-2006, 04:00 AM   #32
midlandsman
midlandsman

5 yr Member

Hello from another new Segway owner.
SegwayChat name: Midlandsman
Worcestershire UK
I bought a used i167 from the Segway Junkyard in Nov 05 through eBay.

I ride it most days and with the local terrain a bit hilly, 8 miles is about the limit for my batteries. Immense fun and 99% positive responses.
Old 02-18-2006, 01:29 PM   #33
Jennih
Jennih

5 yr Member

Ok, time to add myself to the list

Names Jenni and I got addicted at WDW after doing the simply Segway tour.

Just picked up an i167 from another segwaychat member and am loving every minute of it.

Only problem is that my partner is addicted too so now I need to get another one!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:30 PM   #34
Jennih
Jennih

5 yr Member

Ok, time to add myself to the list

Names Jenni and I got addicted at WDW after doing the simply Segway tour.

Just picked up an i167 from another segwaychat member and am loving every minute of it.

Only problem is that my partner is addicted too so now I need to get another one!
Old 02-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #35
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Hi S-Tip,

I'm in Clearwater! I've been gliding for about three years. We live on the end of Rogers St. on the Intra-coastal, near downtown.

Call or e-mail me if you like. Pam the moderator can vouch for me.

Dan Swanson
727-403-2628
segwaydan@mac.com

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by S-Tip

Hi! I'm a new Segway owner. I took a tour, became addicted and bought one on the internet. I'm learning to use it fast. I wish there were other riders in the area. (Clearwater Florida) S-Tip
Dan Swanson
Old 02-27-2006, 10:31 PM   #36
joe
joe will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Hi there

I'm a Segway owner since December 2005 and I'm living in Munich, Germany where Segways are still very rare (not to say non-existent). I bought my used i167 through eBay (YES! from a German seller so I had no hassle with shipping etc.

Before I got this I were the highest bidder on two other auctions but they turned out as fraud. Once I was warned by Gaye of this forum but I already realized that it was a fraud auction and I wasn't in danger to lose money.

My first glide was just a month before my purchase when I did the Bangkok back roads tour at Jeff's thailandsegwaytours.com

Unfortunately it's lasting too cold and icy here in German Siberia to enjoy my toy so I wish for the summer. Furthermore it's still not legal to use a Segway on public ground in Germany but an amendment is on <s>it's</s> its way.

--
Joe
Old 02-28-2006, 09:43 AM   #37
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Glückwünsche on getting a Segway with such difficulty, and for your intention to help make it more legal in Germany!

One word of caution with English, though. In your last sentence, ". . .an amendment is on it's way.", "it's" is incorrectly used. There are too many English speakers who didn't pay attention in school, or at least when they're writing on the internet, and make this same mistake, too. So they set a bad example for everyone.

"It's" is NEVER properly used for a possesive pronoun. The proper word is "its." No apostrophe. "It's" with an apostrophe is always and ONLY a contraction for "It is", as in, "It's cold outside." This is the equivalent of saying, "It is cold outside."

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by joe

Hi there

I'm a Segway owner since December 2005 and I'm living in Munich, Germany where Segways are still very rare (not to say non-existent). I bought my used i167 through eBay (YES! from a German seller so I had no hassle with shipping etc.

Before I got this I were the highest bidder on two other actions but they turned out as fraud. Once I was warned by Gaye of this forum but I already realized that it was a fraud auction and I wasn't in danger to lose money.

My first glide was just a month before my purchase when I did the Bangkok back roads tour at Jeff's thailandsegwaytours.com

Unfortunately it's lasting too cold and icy here in German Siberia to enjoy my toy so I wish for the summer. Furthermore it's still not legal to use a Segway on public ground in Germany but I hope an amendment is on it's way.

--
Joe
Dan Swanson
Old 03-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #38
mooten
mooten

5 yr Member

Hi: I'm a newbie to the forum, and bought a i167 about 4 months ago from the dealer here in Portland, Oregon. Love my machine! I live on a University Campus, and use the Seg for tranport around the campus, and for local trips to the store, etc. biggest problem I have is the stop every 2 blocks to demonstrate, and give rides! It's a great machine to pop in the camper and take to the beach, or campgrounds, and everybody loves it. Local police are very tolerant of riding on, or off sidewalks as long as I use common sense. I'm currently dealing with the dealer on upgrading to an I 180, with LIon batteries for more distance. Also looking for local gliders, already know 1, any others in the area?
Old 03-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #39
pegg696
pegg696 is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Dave .. The Department of Veterans Affairs has just purchased be a brand new Segway GT, black, with hauler and front bag. Because of my injuries from the War in Irag (Broken Back) and a civillian work related broken neck, I am no longer able to ride a bike with my kids and dont always need my 3 wheeled scooter. This machine is going to help me get my life back and live with the kids while they ride thier bikes when the weather permits. Meanwhile, I am safely riding in my garage with my neck brace and helmet on. What a picture that is. God it feels good to move without pain and a cane.

Dave from Metro Detroit.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:36 PM   #40
arthurb
arthurb

5 yr Member

I should have posted here a few weeks ago.

I'm Arthur from the Daytona Beach, Fla area.

We first went gliding at Amelia Island around Thanksgiving 2005. It is such an awesome way to travel. So, I watched eBay for months, trying to find one at a price I could afford. But, almost every segway less than $2500 is a scam, I was lucky, that someone was selling who was within driving distance that I could pick them up face to face.

I wish I had a job close enough to commute via segway, I'd use it every day!
Closed Thread