SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 01-26-2008, 01:11 PM   #11
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Segways don't hurt people; people hurt people.

There are drunks on bikes everyday running into things. They are the minority. When I see a person on a bike I don't worry that it's a drunk that's going to run me over. In fact, I'd rather be run into by a drunk on a Segway than a drunk on a bike. A bike hitting you is much more dangerous.

Tim
Timezkware Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default been there, done that, just not on a segway...

That's a riot! Last week I was *nearly* sober at a friend's home and went to sit down in a plastic chair - my backward momentum exceeded the chair's "stay put ratio" and it sprung from under me, dumping me unceremoniously on the floor, to the delight of some 30 people. I had only had three beers and was cut off. Just goes to show you that you dont have to be drunk to make an *** of yourself, and you don't need a segway to do so either - and if you're really lucky, it'll happen too fast for folks to whip out camera phones!!!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #13
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking And again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timezkware Tim View Post
Segways don't hurt people;
Rappers do!
Old 01-29-2008, 03:10 PM   #14
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I laughed. Thanks for the post!
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:27 PM   #15
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Segways don't hurt people; people hurt people.

There are drunks on bikes everyday running into things. They are the minority. When I see a person on a bike I don't worry that it's a drunk that's going to run me over. In fact, I'd rather be run into by a drunk on a Segway than a drunk on a bike. A bike hitting you is much more dangerous.

Tim
Here's what John M PMd me as he gave my neg rep points:

Quote:
Why derail the thread with a non-relevant bike smear? JohnM
Lighten up, JM. The thread was about being drunk on a Segway, and I was using an obvious comparison, people being drunk on bikes, and how other people (peds) react to both.

People here don't come here to smear bikes. Bikes are fun. Don't be so defensive.

Share the road, dude. Enjoy your odd hobby of playing "devil's advocate" with products you don't use. I can't believe you've spent years writing a million words on this subject. Do you have a life other than coming here to upset people? One of these days I should send you the list of people who have written me to tell me how piossed off you've made them with your snarky posts.

Oh, and thanks for giving me the negetive rep points. Obviously, another one of your odd hobbies.

Tim

Last edited by Timezkware Tim; 01-31-2008 at 02:33 PM..
Old 01-31-2008, 02:34 PM   #16
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Indeed bikes are very fun. Unfortunately to make a bike I can ride wih my disability would be about as expensive, if not more, than a Segway! I used to bike 20 miles each way just outside Milwaukee with my uncle to get to a smoothie shop! I miss those days!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 12:16 AM   #17
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Here's what John M PMd me as he gave my neg rep points:

Lighten up, JM. The thread was about being drunk on a Segway, and I was using an obvious comparison, people being drunk on bikes, and how other people (peds) react to both.

People here don't come here to smear bikes. Bikes are fun. Don't be so defensive.

Share the road, dude. Enjoy your odd hobby of playing "devil's advocate" with products you don't use. I can't believe you've spent years writing a million words on this subject. Do you have a life other than coming here to upset people? One of these days I should send you the list of people who have written me to tell me how piossed off you've made them with your snarky posts.

Oh, and thanks for giving me the negetive rep points. Obviously, another one of your odd hobbies.

Tim
I'm going to ask that people not do what Timekwarz Tim has done. If people continue to take private comments made in a neg rep and make them public, then more people will move towards not signing their neg comments. Unsigned neg rep comments is far more detrimental to this community.

ps - I have no problem with Timekwarez Tim debating with JohnM over points brought up in a neg rep comment. My problem is publicly stating the source being a neg rep comment.
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 01:42 AM   #18
Timezkware Tim

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo View Post
I'm going to ask that people not do what Timekwarz Tim has done. If people continue to take private comments made in a neg rep and make them public, then more people will move towards not signing their neg comments. Unsigned neg rep comments is far more detrimental to this community.

ps - I have no problem with Timekwarez Tim debating with JohnM over points brought up in a neg rep comment. My problem is publicly stating the source being a neg rep comment.
I understand a poster feeling that his anonymity might be compromised if they PM someone (it was actually a rating comment, not a true PM). I wouldn't have done this with anyone other that a subversive troublemaking poster, which is what John M. is in my opinion. He incites arguments under the facade of playing devil's advocate. His rhetoric bores me. He is just here to support Bicyclists and enjoys watching Seggers get upset at his negative posts. Anyone with more than a handful of posts knows this. He is simply a troublemaker, and he knows it.

That's my humble opinion John. Please be warned that I will post or email everyone your silly comments to me in the future, so grow up and cut it out. You have hundreds of hours of Segway posts. Get a life, dude. Go talk about bikes somewhere.

Tim
Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 AM   #19
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Ah, see what evil Polo has created with his "let us rep everybody" drive.

Never again shall a rep be an innocent remark. Never again shall you click on the scales thinking that all is safe

Payback can be hell...or just more negative rep points

Personally I have to laugh at how people make such a big to-do about all this stuff. Tim's a Mets fan so he has to have thick skin. John's a cyclist so you know he has heard it all.

Both are big boys, let them "battle" it out while we sit back on the sidelines and enjoy the show. At least until the moderators lock the thread (this could be Will's first official act!).

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #20
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Just to let you know, guys, it's against the forum rules to post private (PM) messages on the forum. Let's not do it again. Anyone choosing to post private messages on the forums will go into moderation.

Just a word to the wise.

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote