SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 06-29-2007, 03:22 PM   #61
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Yo Quade.....relax dude, use a dictionary every now and then.

Caution, in the context it was used, means to advise to urge or heed. I'm just recommending that you read the forums.

Yes, discussing is a good thing but the search function is a wonderful tool and doing some research on your own is not only a great way to learn but it keeps the old timers from flaming you because you don't want to do a little work.

SegwayChat is an open forum for discussion but trust me....a little research goes a long way to proving ones worth. That's all I'm saying.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:27 PM   #62
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
...When talking about perception, you can't compare the average Joe Blow American with the average rich Saudi. ...
People think that the average Saudi (or Emirati, or Baharain, or Qatari) is so different than the average Joe Blow American.

They aren't.

Sure, there are some rich folks here but most are like you and me. Trying to make a living, trying to support their families. Don't think they are all rich (they aren't), don't think they all have oil coming out of their own wells (they don't). They really are just like you and me.

Steven
Old 06-29-2007, 03:59 PM   #63
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Wow.

First off, I live in the United States, and have stated that I do not see things as Quade does, although on some points he has made some good observations.

I agree with Steven more than I don't, but I cannot visit him, as my life would be in jeopardy, because I am and my family is Jewish. I really do not know that much about the emerates, but I do know that, and it is enough.

At any given point in my life, I have had many personality traits at work at the same time. I was a world class square dancer at the same time I was a liscensed Skydive instructor. SO? I am an old fuddy duddy on the Zoning board in my town, and I ride a segway at the same time. So?

If Quade feels that polo is eletist, that is his right. If we don't agree, we can say so, that is our right.

Personally, I feel this forum does better when it offers positive solutions, and some interesting insites, than when it attacks this person or that, or this country or that.

Having said that, I rarely let a challenge go by without responding, so I am as guilty as the next...

What I am trying to say is that we should stay on topic, or at least away from confusing the poster with the posting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:08 PM   #64
Desert_Seg

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
...I agree with Steven more than I don't, but I cannot visit him, as my life would be in jeopardy, because I am and my family is Jewish. I really do not know that much about the emerates, but I do know that, and it is enough...
Karl,

Jewish or not, you can still come here. It's only those folks who carry Israeli passports that are not normally allowed. Hell, you make the trip and you can stay at my house for free. Wine, Cigars, and Cognac included, btw.

Quote:
... Having said that, I rarely let a challenge go by without responding...
Ah, a problem I have also.

Steven
Old 06-29-2007, 10:24 PM   #65
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_Seg View Post
Karl,

Jewish or not, you can still come here. It's only those folks who carry Israeli passports that are not normally allowed. Hell, you make the trip and you can stay at my house for free. Wine, Cigars, and Cognac included, btw.

Ah, a problem I have also.

Steven
Steven,

Thank you for your offer. I am sure it is genuine. I will not go to a place that is supportive of genocide. Sorry. (You need not argue about the financial support that is well documented.)

Not everyone has to have respect for other humans. Everyone has the right to feel as they do, and I will not say that my values are above others. I will say that I choose not to support those who do not share my very basic recognition that everyone has a right to live and pursue a good life for themselves and their family.

Relax Steven. There is no rule that says I have to like your neighbors. You chose to live there, not me. I have not said anything against you, or your choice, just the policy of the country you live in...

There are policies in other places that I do not respect as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:32 PM   #66
Desert_Seg

5 yr Member

Quote:
....Relax Steven. There is no rule that says I have to like your neighbors. You chose to live there, not me. I have not said anything against you, or your choice, just the policy of the country you live in...
Hmmm, why do people believe I'm full of angst. I have none. I was just making an offer.

You don't come I just have to drink that Cognac with you later.

Steven
Old 07-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #67
julesdarcy
julesdarcy

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seglander View Post
Now if we could play this on Segways I think the Geek image would very soon replaced. No offence to Polo but this is slightly more intense.

Martin, you could have showed a match where Limerick actually won. I know they're hard to find but we did beat Tipperary this year.

Back to Shawn's video. I think it's excellent and will definitely broaden the appeal of the segway. I don't buy into it being ammunition for the anti-segway brigade.

As Virginia Woolf said:

If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged.

More power to your elbow Shawn.
julesdarcy is offline   Reply With Quote