SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default An Update On Jeremy Ryan

Hello All,

This is Tatiana, Jeremy's Fiance. He asked me to post on the forums an update. A week and a half ago Jeremy was crutching to an interview on his crutches. As we thought would one day happen, his heart gave out and he fell. His heart returned to semi-normal by the time the EMS arrived, but the head injury threw him into a coma. For the last week and a half he has been unconscious.

Last night he woke up and today he is doing much better. The head injury luckily, other than leaving him in a coma, did not leave any lasting damage. As we speak the doctors are looking into the heart aspect, running several tests. Hopefully, if all goes well, he will be out in the next week or so. His ryhthm has returned to normal as of now, but what did happen was caught on his monitor. Now they need to try to replicate that in a controlled setting to fix it.

Unfortunately (and believe me he is swearing like a sailor about it), it was deemed the crutches are not an option and he will now need a wheelchair. I doubt he will follow the doctors orders, but I will try my best to make him. He wanted everyone on the forums to know that he has not left and will return to regular posting once he gets better. I have been with him through the ups and downs of his forum postings and in the beginning, must say, I was not to fond of this group.

He has made many friends here, however, and I thank you all for turning around and all of your support. By the way, while he was in a coma, I did sign him up for Segwayfest. I know he looks forward to meeting you all there. Just thought I would give an update on his behalf as he had asked me to.

Tatiana
Old 06-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #2
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Thanks for keeping us updated

Get him better, so he can work the polls on election day!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Get him better, so he can work the polls on election day!
Thank you Will, I am sure he will. It's funny, he went into a coma without a nominee and woke up with his buddy Barack Obama the nominee. He certainly was happy about that. In fact, he called some contacts in the campaign as congratulations, barely conscious at the time. He also "woke up" to find that the location of the local Obama office had changed and is now on the bus line so he can volunteer more.

Regardless, thanks for the care and support.

Tatiana
Old 06-09-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Hello Everybody,

This is Jeremy, I am out of the hospital now. It has been a rather confusing time for me, but I am glad it is all over. The cardiologists decided it best to implant a dual chamber pacemaker so on Friday I had that impanted. The good news is that they already had a fairly similar device in so they just reopened that wound and replaced it. Apparently they are testing a new line of pacemakers on me. This one is no bigger than a USB flash drive.

I feel much better now. The quality of life has improved quite a bit! I just cannot wait until fest. I was rather glad because when I "went to sleep" Obama had not won the nomination, when I woke up, I had several people to call and congratulate. There is some more good news to be had. Apparently during my fall, something twisted in my back. It has been very painful, however it snapped something back in place and alleviated the pressure on my nerve.

So, the doctors said I would never walk again. Well I am pleased to say, although I still cannot walk, I have regained some feeling back in my leg!!! With chiropractic spinal decompression work and a drive to walk, it is now possible that one day I could walk again. I am shooting for July, the docs said it impossible, but they also thought I would never regain feeling either. So every day I will try to walk every hour or so in a protected environment of course, and maybe I will be able to walk my sister down the isle during her wedding next month!

So, I may not actually need a Segway after all. Regrdless of whether there is a need or a want I still plan to attend fest and plan to save up (once financials get under control) for a Segway, but for now, I am focusing all my efforts on walking!

Unfortunately, through all of this, I also lost my job. It was not the absence that killed me, merely the fact that the call center was not getting calls and they had to cut somewhere. With my drive, I expect to have a job within the next couple of weeks however.

Thank you all for your care and support, it really means a lot to me. Tatiana has been relaying the messages. I am glad to be back up and running, this is just another roadblock on the road of life. I will just have to choose another route that is all. Thank you all again and have a great day!

Jeremy Ryan

P.S. I created a web site to show off an example of my web design skills. I am working on a couple of local projects now, but if someone is interested, my trade is still up on the board. The web site is mainly jibberish but you can get an idea of my abilities here:

http://ryanj0.my5gb.com/#
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #5
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Glad to have you back on Segway Chat Jr

Sort of quiet without you.

I know we were all thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way. Looks like some of those vibes also went to your canidate too!

Spend some time getting well!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #6
jryan

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Sort of quiet without you.

I know we were all thinking about you and sending positive vibes your way. Looks like some of those vibes also went to your canidate too!

Spend some time getting well!
Thank you Will and everyone. I will spend some time recouping, slowing things down a little. There is a lot that needs to be donr before November so don't think I will just be sitting around, but I will slow down a bit. I cannot wait to see you all at Fest! Unfortunatley, our car broke down, so I cannot guarantee Boris will be able to come with, but I will try! May just rent a car!

Jeremy Ryan