SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 04-27-2008, 09:56 PM   #11
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinggray View Post
So did the segway, Internet or even the drive thought Burger King.

I figured I have more to gain then loss even if I don't get my money back. I don't see why they won't refund it within the 30 days. Word of mouth can be a good thing or a very bad thing.
I agree, I say go for it! For me $40 is a lot as my monthly budget for everything besides rent, electric, water, and transportation is around $150-200 which all goes to food. But hey, go for it. For most $40 isn't much and I would love to hear the reviews. I currently don't have home phone just internet but hey if it works I wouldn't be opposed to it! Let me know!

Jeremy Ryan
Old 04-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #12
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default More and More people are going this way

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
I currently don't have home phone just internet but hey if it works I wouldn't be opposed to it! Jeremy Ryan
Especially people Jryans age, they rely on their cell phones (which have pretty high monthly bills) as their sole telephone and their cable internet, or other source of internet for the web. Land lines are becoming something of the past. Though land line connections are much clearer.

VOIP seems to be a technology that is catching on in business, but not so much at home, and this Magic Jack is being marketed to home users. The infomercial says it is only for USA calls, though you can hook one up elsewhere to call the USA.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #13
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
Especially people Jryans age, they rely on their cell phones (which have pretty high monthly bills) as their sole telephone and their cable internet, or other source of internet for the web. Land lines are becoming something of the past. Though land line connections are much clearer.

VOIP seems to be a technology that is catching on in business, but not so much at home, and this Magic Jack is being marketed to home users. The infomercial says it is only for USA calls, though you can hook one up elsewhere to call the USA.
Yes, Will is correct!! I work for a landline phone provider who, just this year, made it into the Fortune 500! I work in sales, service, and retention. The retention part is simply trying to maintain customers. This gets tricky because, to be honest with you, very few customers disconnect from something we did. 90% of the disconnects I place are because the customer switched to a cell phone.

Cell phones are also cheaper at times. I go through Alltel and usually pay around $45 a month and I get 900 anytime minutes plus free calling to 10 people. Well that's easy given as the bulk of my calls are to my dad (in Detroit) or a few other people that would be long distance on a home phone. It also gives me convienence because I have that phone with me all of the time. If the cardiologst wants to reach me he can, even if I am at work. DISCLAIMER::: Sorry Alltel no longer offers this plan!

As far as VOIP goes watch what you are doing. STAY AWAY FROM VONAGE!!! I have several friends who tried Vonage and it was horrible. They were always cutting out, clarity not so good, and they couldn't dial 911! There's a reason why they are so cheap, voip could still use some improvement!

Jeremy Ryan