SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #41
MTOBATTERY
MTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura aboutMTOBATTERY has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Karl, Your are correct. The battery requirements for this application go far beyond just slapping a battery in that is the right voltage or size. If it were that easy everyone would be doing it.

Noalox has a point but you should be aware of an honest fact. Most Segway dealers do not have the ability to really test the battery quality (aside from riding) to determine how much life may be left within the battery. For this reason purchasing a used battery may potentially be somewhat of a gamble.
MTOBATTERY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 04:37 AM   #42
CARIBE
CARIBE

5 yr Member
Default 5000mAh LiPo

Has anyone used the ZIPPY Compact 5000mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack
in a Gen 1 with 12.0 basic software.
CARIBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #43
dorrington
dorrington is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

There is a way but will mean a custom BMS or off board charging....I am working on it as time allows.

Greets
dorrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 04:53 AM   #44
rotorblades
rotorblades is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Red face

[QUOTE=Ground Loop;212057]The DEKA batteries have an odd story. I found two i167 NiMH batteries on eBay back in 2006.
They arrived with none of the standard serial numbers or markings, just "DEKA" stickers. They were also mostly-shot, of course. I never got more than a mile out of them. The seller went mute, of course.u folks are way ahead of me do you know if it will ever be possible to run nmh batteries on my x2s?i wouldnt mind a shorter range or a second charge port or a flight legal combo of nicads or whatever
being quite disabled i would love to be able to fly to the Philippines with them instead of having to rent some there= mine are modified to suit my crazy needs
rotorblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 12:52 PM   #45
Bob34
Bob34 is on a distinguished road

Smile Ht i167

Hello everyone,
I have Segway HT I167 since 2008, the batteries are dead and he stayed in my garage for a long time. I'm on my way home and I set out to bring him back to life. I disassembled one of the NiMH 3000 mAh battery packs.

The BMS card is vertical at the bottom of the pack. On the ELCON connector there are 2 red wires and 2 black wires of large red + black - section. And 8 wires of small section 4 wires are disconnected from the ELCOM connector.

The black yellow brown and white. Can someone tell me where I have to reconnect it to the ELCON connector?
Otherwise, so as not to invest in packs that are overpriced, I would like to switch to the "Ground loop" solution, with LIPO batteries at first to see if my Segway is resurrected.
Does anyone still have the photos that "Ground loop" has deposited on the forum and that are no longer accessible.
A thousand excuses for my English it's google translation.
Bob34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, conversion, lipo