SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 07-14-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
Mkellyb
Mkellyb is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Angry Need batteries for p133

Hello everyone. I have had my Segway P-133 for 14 years and now I think I must replace the batteries. Does anyone know where to buy the old ni-mh type batteries? All I can get is a solid red light and they do not seem to take a charge.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!
Mollie in Colorado
Mkellyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:20 AM   #2
JohnG
Uber Administrator
Wise Segway Elder
JohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to beholdJohnG is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

There are no new p-series battery packs being made (as far as I know) because the model was sold in such small quantities. I forget the exact number, but I'd be surprised if there were more than 1,000 out there total.

You need to have your current battery packs rebuilt with new cells. I've had this done via MTO and they did a great job. Here's their info:

https://www.mtobattery.com/collections/segway-1

Looks like the p series NiMH batteries will cost you $560.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
jimstamp93505
jimstamp93505 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default rebuilt batteries for p133 for sale

Molly I too have a p133 i just had batteries rebuilt by MTO they were wonderful the difference between their 560 dollar rebuild and the 660 rebuild is 560 = 30 day warranty 660 = 1 year warranty. there is no difference according to the lady at MTO just trying to keep prices low they offer the 560 deal.

My segway apparently is toast I have a red light and a little wrench. From what I understand mine can not be fixed unless I find a segway dealer who still has the secret software to determine the problem. so if you have both red light and the wrench I'd advise against getting batteries at all.

I am tempted to mail my batteries to you as they are still under warrenty sure I'd like to get my money out of them so think about it. ps if you do mail the batteries to MTO use the medium flat rate box they slide right in with just a little room to pack foam in so they don't rattle around. i believe the medium flat rate box is about $17 to ship. best of luck to you. jim stephan
jimstamp93505 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nimh battery, p133