SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 12-08-2002, 03:48 AM   #11
BBBix
BBBix

5 yr Member

I bet that you could do fairly well renting them out to college students to zip around campus on. They only need one ride and they are 'hooked' (as I was).

Just rent them to paperboys......they can do their route 3 times as fast.

Bill B.
BBBix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 03:55 AM   #12
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

BBX, you are absolutely right. All depending on the average life span of the Segway-HT one could figure out how much to rent it out to them. It would have to be an affordable amount, for most students, they barely have the money for school.

For the rich kids, their parents will just buy them one
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:04 AM   #13
Blinky
Blinky

5 yr Member

Hey guys,

fellow user segwayusergroups has been keeping busy. Check out his site.
Blinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:15 AM   #14
BBBix
BBBix

5 yr Member

Well, lets see....I think that 15 dollars per hour would probably be sufficent. That would be $360 for 1 day, so offer them for $15/hr or $180/day. Assuming that you get at least $180 per day (either a day rental or 12 1/hr rentals (8 a.m. - 8 p.m. (this is almost an assurance on weekends and holidays))), then you would have to go for 28 days (or rent it for a total of 334 hours). I think that this could turn very profitable very quickly.

What are yall's opnions on this? Am I asking too much? Too little? Just right?

Bill B.
Old 12-08-2002, 07:04 AM   #15
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Bill, It's too early to set prices, but without going into a long analysis, I think at least $15 an hour would be reasonable, with probably a 3-4 hour minimum. (depending on location: local costs, competition, what market will bear, etc.).

One factor is Segway's current training requirements, but I have several ideas on that.

As far as a security deposit, people rent much more valuable property all the time (e.g. automobiles) with a drivers license and credit card deposit, although the Segway's rental agreement, liablility and insurance issues will clearly be unique.

Blinky, I'm not sure I understand the question, "how do you compete?". If you don't think in front of Disney is a good location, don't open there. There is not enough information, nor is it necessary, to make that decision now.

www.StirlingInfo.com
GyroGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 08:47 AM   #16
segwayusersgroup
segwayusersgroup

5 yr Member

see http://www.segwayrentalcompany.com An idea in the works. Input requested. I have actually submitted a bid for a corporate event in Dec in LAs Vegas. Will get answer around Dec. 20th they claim.

http://www.segwayusersgroup.com
segwayusersgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 09:53 AM   #17
n/a
n/a is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:[i]Just rent them to paperboys......they can do their route 3 times as fast.
Are u serios Bill? Is that 3x faster than walking or cycling?
n/a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 10:06 AM   #18
GyroGo
GyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to allGyroGo is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by segwayusersgroup

see http://www.segwayrentalcompany.com An idea in the works. Input requested. I have actually submitted a bid for a corporate event in Dec in LAs Vegas. Will get answer around Dec. 20th they claim.

http://www.segwayusersgroup.com
I'll be sending you an e-mail soon.

www.StirlingInfo.com
GyroGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2002, 04:28 PM   #19
BBBix
BBBix

5 yr Member

I think that 3x faster than walking is good, the ratio would be less for cycling, though.

Bill B.
Old 12-09-2002, 09:54 AM   #20
BBBix
BBBix

5 yr Member

I think that what i would like to see happen yould be to get a large tralier and about 20 segways along with a gneerator and other equipment to maintain them. This way, you would be able to take them to large events/fairs and still be able to set up on weekends on campus.

Even more profitalbe than renting by the hour would be, in my opnion, offering intro rides for, say $5 each. You would only need to get 3 rides per hour to make up for not renting them by the hour. This would turn a profit quicker.

Just a few thoughts,
Bill B.