SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 04:57 AM   #1
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default requested test by Florin

test for moderator

segway online
s e g w a y o n l i n e

test done
Old 07-22-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
Joushou
Joushou will become famous soon enoughJoushou will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

W H Y ' ' a r e ' ' w e ' ' c e n s o r i n g ' ' s e g w a y o n l i n e ?

Reality has been scientifically proven impossible.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:56 AM   #3
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default The story goes

A long long time ago, in a place far far away, there were a couple of gliders who were displeased about a topic that was brought up on Segway Chat.

That topic crossed a number of lines, both of inaccuracy and privacy.

At the time the SegwayChat leadership got into a heated battle with those couple of gliders and freinds of those involved took sides, dug in their parking stands and it got nasty with name calling, unwanted and unproffessional attacks on specific members of the community.

Members took sides, and a number of gliders announced that they would never ever log onto Segway Chat again. Members were sactioned, some banned, and some choose to impose a self-ban onthemselves, eroniously claiming they had been banned by SegwayChat.

From that day forward the word ************ was never to be spoken on this site.

It was a very dark time for all who liked Segways.

Fast forward 16 to 18 months.

Segway Chat continues, as does a number of online Segway chat boards.

The moral of the story is. That there is a place for everyone in this Segway world. You can choose where and what Segway on-line Chat sites you want to frequent.

That's it in a nutshell.

Last edited by wwhopper; 07-22-2009 at 10:24 AM..
Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joushou View Post
W H Y ' ' a r e ' ' w e ' ' c e n s o r i n g ' ' s e g w a y o n l i n e ?

There were some hard feelings about how some were being treated by the moderators here... Among them were a dealer. They decided to leave, or were asked to leave (depends on who you ask) and make their own alternate site, where the moderators and censorship was different. (Their theory was that the controls were less, but they are different)

Those in control here don't feel it is in their interest to help that site, or to direct people here to the competition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
emrnyc
emrnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default A Shame....

Thats a shame ..... I thought Segways were able to help bring people together....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
There were some hard feelings about how some were being treated by the moderators here... Among them were a dealer. They decided to leave, or were asked to leave (depends on who you ask) and make their own alternate site, where the moderators and censorship was different. (Their theory was that the controls were less, but they are different)

Those in control here don't feel it is in their interest to help that site, or to direct people here to the competition.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NYC's Only Segway Trained Level 1 & Level 2 Service Tech

8 EMS - 37 PAPD - 23 NYPD - 343 FDNY
Never forget our Brother & Sister Heroes 9/11/01.
It was not how they died that made them heroes.....
It was how they lived!

Check out Emergency Medical Rescue of New York City's website
Old 07-22-2009, 12:02 PM   #6
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by emrnyc View Post
Thats a shame ..... I thought Segways were able to help bring people together....
It's indeed a shame.

I can imagine that the name of ************ was temporarily banned due to the situation at that time. I didn't expect that it would be a permanent censored word.

Unfortunately I don't have access, as a moderator, to the part of the system where the censored words are specified. I can only, which I will do after finishing this post, ask John to lift the censorship for ************ (with the O instead of a 0 ofcourse).

It's not good to remain looking back to the past, sometimes you have to give people a second chance. If the Dutch people would remain looking back, we would still not do business with any germans due to WWII.

Florin
Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default There were a lot of Deep Wounds

That were made at the time, that still exist today.

It is best to let it be!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

Respectfully, I do not think it is best to let it be. I think it is best to be open.

"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Old 07-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #9
Joushou
Joushou will become famous soon enoughJoushou will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I have to agree with Gihgehls.

I may not have been around when the fight was on, but censoring out the word won't stop people from using it... If you want to name the other forum, just use spaces, numbers as characters, anything that makes the name recognizable.

Censoring it out doesn't help anyone, so please, lift the censorship... ("Possession of weapons doesn't start a war. It's the will to use them.", Quote: Myself, 2 minutes ago )

Reality has been scientifically proven impossible.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #10
emrnyc
emrnyc is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Thumbs up I Agree..

I agree ... Time to move forward ..... And try not to make the same mistakes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gihgehls View Post
Respectfully, I do not think it is best to let it be. I think it is best to be open.

NYC's Only Segway Trained Level 1 & Level 2 Service Tech

8 EMS - 37 PAPD - 23 NYPD - 343 FDNY
Never forget our Brother & Sister Heroes 9/11/01.
It was not how they died that made them heroes.....
It was how they lived!

Check out Emergency Medical Rescue of New York City's website
Closed Thread