SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #1
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Thumbs up Adding a drinks break on tour

I run 3 hour tours in Madrid, Spain. I have always had a pit stop and a drink is included in the price. I find from my feedback that it has gone down very well. Does anyone else offer this...?
I find that it does different things for different people. Some need the break as they have not relaxed on the segway yet and normally do after a break. The older folk like it as my tours are fairly long and they have plenty of questions (history and segway). And some just enjoy it as they did not read much before booking and are happy not to be paying ......
Overall it adds a personal touch to the tour as you get a chance halfway to chat about what they want. I have never had an unhappy customer and in most feedback they regard the trip as having made a friend, not just a tour.

Before anyone mentions it , yes it gets hot and cold here. Coffie/tea in the winter and a beer/soda in the summer (on occations the kids get ice-cream)

I mentioned this as a "closed thread" had a bit about adding resturant pit stop/s.

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Madsegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:22 PM   #2
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

I have been offering a 10-15 minute break half way through each tour. We always provide a chilled bottle of water and a 'trail mix' snack. NEVER any alcohol. Even one glass of beer could impair a new riders ability to operate the Segway safely.

The trail mix is to provide both a sweet and salty snack to address a low blood sugar potential and electrolytes.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #3
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Drinks

Only recently with the excessive heat i have added a bottle of water to all the segway bags too. Some days here are so hot we end up moving from shade to shade.......

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Madsegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
Stewbonz
Stewbonz will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

We offered drinks before, during and after.
Don't get excited Tom, it was soft drinks only.

To get your customers comfortable, I recommend getting them up and down from the platform at least 4 or 5 times before the Tour.
They usually relax, drop the death grip with sweaty palms on the 2nd or 3rd time on the equipment.

Having a cheerfull staff helps too.
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngj...04.jpg&.src=ph

We gave a quik test ride in the office and a parking lesson, another short test ride and parking lesson in a controlled area, then a 10 minute ride with lots of stopping and turning practice.
A small hill to practice next, then small bumps.
After this, we do another parking lesson and ask if everybody is comfortable. We offer restroom breaks and cool drinks here and explain how the ride will proceed.
I always mention the lesson is free and they have the option of backing out at no charge at this point.

This gentelman, my neighbor, who by the way lives on less than $100/month always liked to offer the group a free taste of his home made liquor and I never turned him down.http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngj...1f.jpg&.src=ph
The cameras always came out for this.
I won't mention the bottle of Jack Daniels I took over there on New Years...

Jeff

Stewbonz is offline   Reply With Quote