SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 08-30-2003, 11:43 AM   #41
jillmac
jillmac

5 yr Member

Terrance - you must be thrilled with your Segway and certainly San Diego sidewalks are just made for it's use. The Segway certainly does set you free doesn't it.

I have been off mine for about a week/ten days and miss it so much (took a mini ride on Thursday). Health is improving and I intend to get out on it again today - I can barely wait!.

As far as dog walking - we adopted a pretty ungainly, untrained mutt from the pound and although we have got him a lot more trained than when we adopted him 8 years ago he still thinks he's a puppy at 13 years old and just loves to wander. Our fault entirely - we should have been firmer but he is definitely not a candidate for walking and Segging together!

Jill

Nothing is inexplicable, merely unexplained..... Dr. Who
jillmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 01:15 AM   #42
mulner
mulner

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by trevor

My wife has severe Scoliosis which limits her ability to walk more than a few blocks without experiencing fatigue and pain. This was the reason for our purchasing the Segway and so far it has been a big success. I am currently researching getting a new car with a cargo area and an electric hoist so that Emily can use the Segway wherever she needs to go without my help loading & unloading the Segway.
Hi i am so glad to hear that the segway has worked so well For Emily I also am disabled but cannot afford a segway I asked for help in this forum but to my dismay nobody wants to finincially help me that i really couldnt believe but anyway i am not like that i will give the shirt off my back to help and have allways been that way money was nothing to me untill i lost everything due to a back disease.So if you could tell me what kind of car Emily has,trailor hitch ect and i believe i can designe a carrrer for her and maybe even have it made you just might have to pay for shipping i have ideas on paper now but tell me exactily what her limitations are and i will do the best i can o help her.your new fiend Pete

Pete
mulner is offline   Reply With Quote