SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Tours and Rentals

Notices

Tours and Rentals Issues, experiences & opinions relating to Segway rentals and tours.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #1
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Post What is the main customer age/person?

What is the minimum age that most tours offer? Mine is online at 15 but i have often done for 10+

I have also found to my amazement that it is nearly always that the mom or girlfriend that finds and books the tour. I expected more gents between 20-35 but that is far from reality....
Pensioners and family groups are the biggest percentage.

What are your views or exp.?

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Madsegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:23 PM   #2
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Same here....
Old 08-11-2006, 11:41 AM   #3
Mikaele
Mikaele is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Cool Age is negotiable

We really don't set a minimum age. We require that kids weigh at least 50 pounds, and are "Capable of following instructions and making good decisions" (quote from our website).

It's been our experience that the kids get really good at Gliding MUCH faster than the adults, and always have a ball. We warn the kids upfront that we will be watching them very closely, and if we ever have a problem with them acting unsafely, they will be removed from the machine. That threat is always enough to keep them on the straight and narrow...after all, who would want to lose out on a glide on this fabulous machine ? We always have at least 2 guides per tour, one charged mostly with safety.

I did have to threaten one 11-year-old boy halfway through a tour...I told him I'd put him on the dreaded "Black Key" if he didn't settle down, and he straightened right up.

We find that a lot of our customers are locals who have out of town guests, and want to do something special to "Show them Austin".

Mike

Thanks !

Mike Carter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Austin, Texas
Mikaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
Stewbonz
Stewbonz will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I can't say a typical age group came on the Tour but I did notice my clients stayed at the expensive hotels.

My age cutoff is 10 years old but a sharp 9 year old can handle the equipment.

Jeff

Stewbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
IGlideTours
IGlideTours is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

Our restriction comes from insurance. For those running tours with 10 year olds or younger, where do you have your insurance?
IGlideTours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:03 PM   #6
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

This may or may not be slightly off-topic, but what is the minimum age that you've found works well with the i2 vs. the 1st-gen machines?

It seems like the LeanSteer requires a little bit of effort to move (although not much), which may or may not be a problem for the younger and weaker types...

Chris
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #7
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Here in Spain our insurance did not specify an age limit....I have had a 4 and 6 year old try the segways in our underground parking without problems but i would not let them do a tour. I dont like the new segways at all for tours. For those that need it , the "death grip" does not help much as it does not give much stability (less than before). No intermediate setting so if i need to help somebody in distress they can out run me now......(same speed after beginers level) No power assist for vehilce ramps is also a big drawback for most that cannot lift a segway. My segway has done me well for 4 years+ and i will make sure my first gen tour segway do me 6+. They are better in some aspects but my friend with Parkinsons that cannot stand still uses a segway perfectly, im not sure he could use a Gen 2 at all?

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

Madsegs is offline   Reply With Quote