SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I thought this was techno speak about the weight of the charger is dependent upon how powerful (count of gerbils) the charger is, and how big the battery is (the wheel). (or possibly amperage and voltage capacities)

I am kind of surprised at Bob. He has been so familiar with techno speak, that several terms were actually coined by him. (and of course, several were about him and were coined as soon as he left the room)
I think we're talking about the same thing.

If you want the supercharged version, you need a bigger cage and more gerbils, with associated weight.

And I haven't actually left the room, you know...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
I think we're talking about the same thing.

If you want the supercharged version, you need a bigger cage and more gerbils, with associated weight.

And I haven't actually left the room, you know...
I know you haven't left the room, which is why it is fun to toss you a poke every so often.

If I had to figure out the miliwatts generated per foot fall per gerbil, per cross member within the outer cylinder of the running wheel, and determine the impact of a 4% increase in wheel size, or the introduction of a bit of caffeine in the water dish, you would be the guy I would go to first!

(If I wanted to know how the gerbils might feel about this, I would probably go to your mom)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #13
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
I know you haven't left the room, which is why it is fun to toss you a poke every so often.

If I had to figure out the miliwatts generated per foot fall per gerbil, per cross member within the outer cylinder of the running wheel, and determine the impact of a 4% increase in wheel size, or the introduction of a bit of caffeine in the water dish, you would be the guy I would go to first!

(If I wanted to know how the gerbils might feel about this, I would probably go to your mom)
I've never raised gerbils, but you are welcome to inquire about white mice (Bob can tell you about white rats) hamsters, rabbits , ch ickens, guineas, pigeons, cats, dogs, pigs, goats and cows, also snails, gold fish , tropical fish, canaries and parakeets. I did have an interesting childhood!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #14
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
I've never raised gerbils, but you are welcome to inquire about white mice (Bob can tell you about white rats) hamsters, rabbits , ch ickens, guineas, pigeons, cats, dogs, pigs, goats and cows, also snails, gold fish , tropical fish, canaries and parakeets. I did have an interesting childhood!
I, on the other hand, have experience with gerbils.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:09 AM   #15
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily Kerns View Post
Quote:
I, on the other hand, have experience with gerbils.
I am not a huge fan of inviting vermin into the house, but we have had a few good mousers who were dogs, a great hunter who was not much of a mouser of a cat (Leo lived for 18 years, and only caught mice outside, ignored them inside), and have had a hamster as a house guest several times.

Current non human family members are a large dog and a tortoise. The fish and gecko are recently departed. There may still be a snail in the fish tank.

I was not speaking of who knows what small mammal. I was saying that Bob could figure the energy producing capacity of small inputs of mammalian effort, and Lily could figure the emotional impact on those small mammals. That is all.

Now that we have that all straight, who wants to sing, "ole' MacDonald's Farm"?

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #16
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
I am not a huge fan of inviting vermin into the house, but we have had a few good mousers who were dogs, a great hunter who was not much of a mouser of a cat (Leo lived for 18 years, and only caught mice outside, ignored them inside), and have had a hamster as a house guest several times.

Current non human family members are a large dog and a tortoise. The fish and gecko are recently departed. There may still be a snail in the fish tank.

I was not speaking of who knows what small mammal. I was saying that Bob could figure the energy producing capacity of small inputs of mammalian effort, and Lily could figure the emotional impact on those small mammals. That is all.

Now that we have that all straight, who wants to sing, "ole' MacDonald's Farm"?
Ah, the serial song. You know, EIA IO?

(Yeah, I know, probably not more than 10 people will get the joke...)

Old 07-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #17
KSagal

Quote:
Ah, the serial song. You know, EIA IO?

(Yeah, I know, probably not more than 10 people will get the joke...)
Neuron chip stuff?

Old 07-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Neuron chip stuff?
No. Also known as RS-232 / EIA-232? The old serial line protocol, that computer terminals, printers, modem connections, and virtually everything else used?

Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Neuron chip stuff?
Ah, you mean this:

https://www.echelon.com/support/docu...5-0008-01D.pdf

But hardly specific to that!

Old 07-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #20
KSagal

Quote:
Ah, you mean this:

https://www.echelon.com/support/docu...5-0008-01D.pdf

But hardly specific to that!
Yes, that is what I had in mind. I added the question mark, as I was not sure what you were speaking of. (Not an uncommon event)