SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 PM   #1
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Default This could be the latest Segway add-on...

Normally, I don't think too much about bikes, but this caught my eye...

I'm just not sure I'd want to see a Seg like this, though....

Check it out

Old 08-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #2
airdale
airdale will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

So why is it built on a bike frame? How about a lazy boy recliner? Just sayen!

Gona pedal with 100 lbs of props, engine, and metal guards? LOL...

Ill take mine in black leather with massage option.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Last time I weighed as much as that rider, I was about a month before my 1st birthday. Meaning, my mother was 8 months pregnant with me.

It is fine and dandy to see that item fly, but a 150 or 200 pound rider will make a very different issue than a set of clothes stretched over a wire frame.

Still, each and every one of these items gets us a bit closer to these things actually being real.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #4
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
So why is it built on a bike frame?
Its laterally stiff yet vertically compliant?
(Sorry, inside bike joke.)
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #5
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

It might work, but three fans or even 4 and outboard a bit for stabilization. Something I always wanted to build is a hover car, somewhat different than a flying bike. And a house built out of foam and a seat for my long gone Segway. I did build a spaceship, well rebuilt one. I encourage anyone to try new ideas.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

I love to combine threads...

I wonder if Rolacoy's foam house could help with Tritium's sinking house syndrome.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #7
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Sorry, my mind always drifts. As you said it looked like a dummy as the rider. Of course it was a dummy, whether it was flesh and blood or a wire frame. It appears that it could pitch sideways pretty easy. I think maybe there are some black stabilizers holding the top or are they holding the "dummy" ?

This morning when I got to church someone had a heave duty 4' fan in the back of their pickup truck. I immediately thought of the fans on the bike. I am pretty sure that they were just hauling it. BUT, it could have been for thrust or maybe even for lift. It was a Texas pickup.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #8
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolacoy View Post
Sorry, my mind always drifts. As you said it looked like a dummy as the rider. Of course it was a dummy, whether it was flesh and blood or a wire frame. It appears that it could pitch sideways pretty easy. I think maybe there are some black stabilizers holding the top or are they holding the "dummy" ?

This morning when I got to church someone had a heave duty 4' fan in the back of their pickup truck. I immediately thought of the fans on the bike. I am pretty sure that they were just hauling it. BUT, it could have been for thrust or maybe even for lift. It was a Texas pickup.
Perhaps it was for extra lateral travel when jumping washed out bridges, 'Smokey and the Bandit' style!

Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 AM   #9
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I love to combine threads...

I wonder if Rolacoy's foam house could help with Tritium's sinking house syndrome.
Sinking house?

More like sinking IQ...
Old 08-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
Sinking house?

More like sinking IQ...
No no NO! That would be me!