SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Ratings and Reviews > Accessories for Your Segway

Notices

Accessories for Your Segway Rate and review various accessories available for your Segway.

Comment

Review Tools Display Modes
Segway PT Handlebar Bag for Gen2
Okay, Not Great
Neelix
03-26-2008
I thought it was funny that there was a category for "works as described" in the review form. I suppose that if the description for the handlebar bag is, "holds stuff," then, indeed, it does work as described.

The trouble is is that some poor design choices along...
By toymaker on 06-27-2008, 05:44 AM

Ah, the Segway designed bag, hard to install quickly due to the tight fit of the wire loop to the sewen pocket was the first problem. I fixed that by putting the bracket into a vise and "sqeezing" it together to about 1-3/4" wide (2" wide is standard), so now it slips right on. But most of the time I just hang the bag onto the bracket by the handle. Much faster and performs the same. Next the zippers. I coated the zipper run with bees wax to allow the travler to pull smoother. OK but it needed me to drill a small hole in the plastic travler and insert a key ring. I added a plastic key fob and this almost made the bag easy to use. Space in bag was OK but I started to carry some different stuff. I started with a extension cord from an old computer power cable so that I could plug-in where ever I was. Camera for recording good events. Tire guage but no pump. Roll-Up nylon jacket to ware or use as a machine cover and a local city map. No regs and other materials that would ever be used to support an arguement with the local police. I did start carring some business cards from the local Segway dealer to give to people who wanted answers to lots of questions. My overall rating of the Segway Bag C+.
By segsurfer on 06-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Member reviews
Work as described?
100%100%100%
Enhances Segway experience?
100%100%100%
Shipping and instructions
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
Ah, the Segway designed bag, hard to install quickly due to the tight fit of the wire loop to the sewen pocket was the first problem. I fixed that by putting the bracket into a vise and "sqeezing" it together to about 1-3/4" wide (2" wide is standard), so now it slips right on. But most of the time I just hang the bag onto the bracket by the handle. Much faster and performs the same. Next the zippers. I coated the zipper run with bees wax to allow the travler to pull smoother. OK but it needed me to drill a small hole in the plastic travler and insert a key ring. I added a plastic key fob and this almost made the bag easy to use. Space in bag was OK but I started to carry some different stuff. I started with a extension cord from an old computer power cable so that I could plug-in where ever I was. Camera for recording good events. Tire guage but no pump. Roll-Up nylon jacket to ware or use as a machine cover and a local city map. No regs and other materials that would ever be used to support an arguement with the local police. I did start carring some business cards from the local Segway dealer to give to people who wanted answers to lots of questions. My overall rating of the Segway Bag C+.
Toymaker, you might look into the cyclair pump, it's a combination air pump and air gauge. It's very compact and works quite well.
-segsurfer
By C3RS on 08-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Member reviews
Work as described?
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Shipping and instructions
100%100%100%
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%
Thumbs up

very strong bag, i use regulary to ride with 3,5kg of technical object (Electrician)...and all necessary to light at night with a kway for rain.
By OregonForester on 08-02-2008, 12:32 PM
Member reviews
Work as described?
100%100%100%
100%100%100%
Shipping and instructionsN/A
Recommend to a friend?
100%100%100%
Average 100%

The local dealer threw in the bags with both of my Seg's, so I've never been without one, but I cannot imagine not having a bag to carry my essentials.
Paper, pen, local and state laws, sun oil, small camera, flashlight, spare batteries, charging cable, bottle of water...etc...
My wife and I have VOX operated GMRS radios that fit perfectly into one of the side pockets, leaving the radio close enough so that the VOX headset easily reaches, and the cable "unplugs" effortlessly, should one of us have to dismount "unexpectedly".
Comment