SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #21
felix_fetche
felix_fetche is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

i will open CSB and handlebar for a continuity check of cables starting from CU via CSB to handlebar electronics.
felix_fetche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #22
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_fetche View Post
the seller sold the batt packs separately to other auctioner.
the pack he used was lithium saphion revision AF. exactly like
i have here five pieces. XT is designed from factory to work also with lithium ones.
I presume you have either checked the serial number to be an XT, or have verified the software version, or totally trust the seller.

If I am understanding correctly, you bought the platform, CSB, control shaft (but not handlebar), and batteries, as separate pieces from the same seller. I don't think you said where you got the handlebar.

OK, if you trust the seller's information, then it should be working. I have no other wild guesses about why it is not. Sorry to have taken up your time.

Please let us know what the problem really is.

Last edited by dale@thecoys.net; 12-28-2012 at 02:14 PM..
dale@thecoys.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Felix,

There are just some bolt on pieces that change a i167 from an I to an XT. This forum is full of folks who have documented doing just that.

It may be that you bought a gen one base, that started its life as an I, and was changed to an XT, and that would possibly explain some of what is being discussed.

Unless you know for sure that those batteries that you got definitely did work on that particular base, it is a reasonable potential. If you think they did work, but do not know for sure, it is worth checking out.

Checking the serial number as was posted previously is a reasonable way to find if that machine started its life as an X or an I.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #24
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Karl, reading a bit more closely, it appears that Felix did not purchase the batteries from the same source as the platform/CSB/shaft. [And the handlebar came from a different source, too].

...at least I think that's the situation, although Felix says (in #9) "all parts are from one single maschine." Perhaps Felix will clarify the provenance of the components.

Felix, are you confident of the integrity and functioning of the handlebar? [By proving that it works correctly on another Segway]
Old 12-29-2012, 02:40 AM   #25
infinitronics
infinitronics is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

In the video, you can hear the 'tune' at startup, so it should be the correct software revision.
infinitronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:11 AM   #26
felix_fetche

5 yr Member

all parts com from a single maschine sold in parts. and seller promissed me that "all electronics okay and working" that why i came into auction.
i sent some private messiges to him, but no replay, otherwise the wather may come shiny having a small clue from ex owner.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #27
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitronics View Post
In the video, you can hear the 'tune' at startup, so it should be the correct software revision.
I'm embarrassed that I missed that - I normally don't have my speakers turned on. Thanks for pointing it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_fetche View Post
all parts com from a single maschine sold in parts. and seller promissed me that "all electronics okay and working" that why i came into auction.
[I would really wonder why the seller was offering all of the individual parts, rather than the complete working machine]

Felix, can you try the handlebar/shaft/cable on a different Generation 1 machine? And/or try a different handlebar/shaft on this machine? That would reveal a lot of information.

Last edited by dale@thecoys.net; 12-29-2012 at 01:16 PM..
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 AM   #28
felix_fetche

5 yr Member

i will open CSB and handleshaft and handlebar to check continuity of wires starting from CU connectors to handlebar electronics.
is someone here who allready seen what electronics is in handlebar?
it is something that is founded tehre usualy?
my beleive:
*it has to be something other than ibutton connections, otherwise it will not start.
*the CAN connection of the stearing also not interrupted, because if start with stearing turned right or left it shows that on display segment cresponds to re direction of where i turn it.
*as you may see in video LCD is also okay, is signaling, speaker also play the fail signal.
???what any other signals should be and may not comunicate, temperature sensor, somme closed loops designed only for "cables contnuity check"?
Old 12-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #29
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I believe there were several posts years ago about the magnetic sensor for steering the Gen 1 machines, and the efforts people took to get that sensor back on line.

I never did that particular repair, but from what I recall, I might start with that component, and the ibutton socket, before I presume a bad board. (Unless there is a crack, as was also common with handlebars that have been broken)

Good luck.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 PM   #30
dale@thecoys.net

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dale@thecoys.net View Post
Felix, can you try the handlebar/shaft/cable on a different Generation 1 machine? And/or try a different handlebar/shaft on this machine? That would reveal a lot of information.
If you could manage that (perhaps borrow a handlebar/shaft) you would know a lot more about where the problem lies.