SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:26 AM   #1
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Segway miniPLUS and Segway miniLITE

No word on when these might be coming to the USA, but it looks like Ninebot just released two new Segway-brand transporters in Asia (shipping there in September 2017). One is the "plus" we've already seen, and the other is a "lite" model for children and smaller people (with a shorter leansteer).

Article (from the SegwayChat news ticker):
http://newatlas.com/segway-asia-pacific-models/51098/

Photo gallery (scroll down about 1/3 of the way for photos):
http://newatlas.com/segway-asia-paci...51098/#gallery

Notably the riders on the new units in the photos are multi-cultural and mostly non-Asian. Which makes me think they're getting ready for a worldwide launch--but starting with local markets first.

Also, it appears that Ninebot has already submitted the miniPLUS to the FCC--which is only applicable to the USA market. So I'm hoping to see the machine here for the holiday shopping season. In the $999-$1,299 range maybe?
https://fccid.io/2ALS8-NB5213/Test-S...Photos-3474800

Chris

P.S. Ninebot is also launching a new kids bike and traditional scooter--so if you're seeing those photos in the gallery just keep scrolling.

Last edited by SegwayUtah; 08-29-2017 at 04:32 AM..
SegwayUtah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member
SegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really niceSegwayUtah is just really nice

Predicted pricing of the Segway mini line-up (Q4 2017), according to current pricing and a conversation between Yahoo Finance and Segway Europe President Dennis Hardholt:

$400 - Segway miniLITE (10mph, up to 11 miles range, for kids and teens)
$700 - Segway miniPRO (based on current pricing)
$1000 - Segway miniPLUS (~12mph, up to 22 miles range)

Source:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/segwa...204613976.html

Chris
Old 09-01-2017, 11:28 AM   #3
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I wonder if the Plus will solve the frequent speed complaints about the MiniPro. 10mph is fine for me but lots of people want a little more speed. The bet is regardless of the top speed, people will want a little more speed.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 03:59 PM   #4
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
I wonder if the Plus will solve the frequent speed complaints about the MiniPro. 10mph is fine for me but lots of people want a little more speed. The bet is regardless of the top speed, people will want a little more speed.
Possibly. I've never really had any complaints about riding 12.5 mph on the Segway i-series machines, whereas sometimes the p-series machines felt a little bit slow. But maybe that's just because I'm used to the extra 25% speed.

12-12.5 mph seems plenty fast for sidewalk environments. Maybe 15mph max. One can get a lot of places pretty quickly and safely at 12mph.

Chris

P.S. The other speed complaint I have heard about the miniPRO is that it makes the rider slow down as the battery gets nearer to empty (whereas on the Segway i2, you can pretty much ride until it's almost completely "drained of energy"). This may just be psychological since Segway could have just kept a reserve that wasn't counted in the range figures. But in any case, if the miniPLUS has more batteries, one can ride farther at top speed.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

12mph does sound like a good top speed. You don't need to go that fast but you can if you want to feel the rush of speed.

The Minipro just feels like it is at a quick jog to me at the speeds I am going (not maxed). Cruising while enjoying the sights. It doesn't feel like I would fall down if it suddenly caught something and stopped. I remember my skateboard days and what if felt like if a rock jammed the wheel enough that you launched. Oooone giant step with lots of flailing arms.

It is interesting that the models are coming fast and furious. You would think that they would sit on their butts longer since they now own the patent. The kids version seems cool. I bet a lot of parents wind up trying it.

Last edited by Pescador12; 09-01-2017 at 10:27 PM..
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 12:07 AM   #6
SegwayUtah
Advanced Member

The European English version of the Segway website now has some details about the new products (lite, plus, kick-scooters, etc.). Including some specs

http://eu-en.segway.com/products/segway-miniplus

Chris