SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Stuff to Buy and Sell

Notices

Stuff to Buy and Sell Classified ads for anything Segway-related accessories, products and sales.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
1madman
1madman

5 yr Member
Angry Hypertronic Handlebars, Elcon CSB

Bought a replacement CSB for my i67, and had my terminology wrong---thought the old connector was Elcon, new was Hypertronic (I know, stupid...) So now I'm sitting with the wrong part.

I see old posts about the two, but nothing recent. Any suggestions? Do I need to just sell the CSB I just bought and look for another, or--?

I'm starting to think I should just part my machine out and move on. I have newly redone batteries, but they don't charge on the machine. Other than that, it runs like gangbusters.

I feel pretty stupid, and am hemorrhaging cash...

-Walt Disney
1madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:30 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1madman View Post
Bought a replacement CSB for my i67, and had my terminology wrong---thought the old connector was Elcon, new was Hypertronic (I know, stupid...) So now I'm sitting with the wrong part.

I see old posts about the two, but nothing recent. Any suggestions? Do I need to just sell the CSB I just bought and look for another, or--?

I'm starting to think I should just part my machine out and move on. I have newly redone batteries, but they don't charge on the machine. Other than that, it runs like gangbusters.

I feel pretty stupid, and am hemorrhaging cash...
Look very carefully at your handlebars. I had some that had a curly wire harness that connected to the CS base (where your elcon or hypertronic connectors are) and the other end of that wire was at a small white connector at the base of the handlebar itself, where it attached to the control shaft.

To remove the handlebar from the control shaft, you have to access the bolt that is under the plastic between the keyport and the display. Once that bolt is loosened (no need to remove it) it will release a triangular wedge device that will lock the plastic handlebar to the metal shaft. There is also a locking pin, and a twist and release movement you need to make...

Anyway, if you remove the handlebar from the metal shaft, I had a white connector at the top of the curly wire... You may be able to remove the wire from your old handlebar, and replace that same wire on your new handlebar...

Good luck. I believe there were some threads about this years ago...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:33 AM   #3
1madman
1madman

5 yr Member
Default Wrong connectors on CSB

Thanks, Karl--

It's just the CSB that I bought--I only have my original handlebars, so I'm not sure I am getting your point.

Are you saying that the harness itself (with the wrong connectors) might be attached to the handlebars with a white connector, and I could try and find new wiring with the correct connectors, and they might attach to my existing handlebars with the connector, thereby giving me a harness from handlebar to CSB that matches?

-Walt Disney
Old 07-02-2014, 12:59 PM   #4
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

The handlebars did not change, only the cables did. Connector types can be swapped onto any handlebar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:16 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

As I understand it, the entire circuit goes like this...

1. white connectors under the csb to the main circuitry
2a. CSB with Power Supply inside, White connectors under and elcon connectors above
2b. CSB with Power Supply inside, White connectors under and Hypertronic connectors above
3a. Coiled wire harness with elcon connectors at bottom, white connectors top
3b. Coiled wire harness with hypertronic connectors at bottom, white connectors at the top.
4. Handlebar assembly, with white connectors below.

If you change 2a with a 2b, you have to also change the 3a to a 3b. You cannot have a 2a plug into a 3b. (or visa versa)

Of course, 3a or 3b is located inside an aluminium tubing set up, but that is not part of the circuit.

I hope this fills in the details. You can remove a 3a from one handlebar, and attach it to a different handlebar, even one that originally had a 3b.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 12:45 AM   #6
1madman
1madman

5 yr Member
Default Got it

Thanks for the clarity!

Is there any difference in a P133 CSB and a i67 CSB?

Anybody got a wiring harness for sale, so I can covert from Hypertronic to Elcon?

-Walt Disney
Old 07-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

^^ There is no difference, same parts.

jeff

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
csb, elcon, hypertronic, i67