SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
gbrandwood
Advanced Member
gbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the roughgbrandwood is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Lightbulb Bring it back

Anyone remember the original intended design that never made it into production (or at least, was never sold - H&S issues again if I recall)? This looked best in my opinion and would be easy to grip:

"LeanSteer Frame Tool-less Height Adjust"

Attached Images
File Type: jpg tool-less.JPG (16.1 KB, 209 views)
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I think the thing many of you are forgetting is that by increasing the friction against the shafts without increasing the torque you have to put on the thread is a VERY GOOD thing.

That is a very small diameter screw that you really don't want to strip!

If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:05 PM   #13
Neelix
Neelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of lightNeelix is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

I got the best solution as a tip from Jim Headley.

If you have the old-style i2 height adjuster, the one that used the hex screw, just use the new height adjuster screw with the old, slightly convex, gripper piece.

Works like a charm.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Neelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #14
dl1955
dl1955 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I just received 2 of these from team222badbrad. They are awesome! Very rigid and I don't see them cracking or bending at all.

Thanks again Brad!
dl1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:36 PM   #15
team222badbrad
team222badbrad is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl1955 View Post
I just received 2 of these from team222badbrad. They are awesome! Very rigid and I don't see them cracking or bending at all.

Thanks again Brad!
Your welcome.

To make things easier I just put this on ebay for $16 shipped to the USA. Got to love the 12% profit ebay makes...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280473008399
team222badbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 AM   #16
bob@redrosesegtours
bob@redrosesegtours is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Another solution

I'm not sure if anyone else has tried it, but I use a rubber jar opener. I have a nasty habit of over-tightening and snapping or stripping bolts and screws. This little gadget lets me get a good grip without over-tightening. It's not the best solution, but it's cheap. And if you're lucky, you might already have an extra one or two in a kitchen drawer.

Bob
Old 04-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
bvelke
bvelke will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I also bought two of these and love them. I'm going now to eBay to buy six more!

bvelke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #18
team222badbrad
team222badbrad is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvelke View Post
I also bought two of these and love them. I'm going now to eBay to buy six more!
Shipped
team222badbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:20 PM   #19
bob yarbrough
bob yarbrough has a little shameless behaviour in the past

5 yr Member
Default washer and knob solution(sort of)

Since 2009 the additional washer solution is one I've used.

I give demo rides when I can. This involves adjusting the handlebars frequently.

The problem I've experiencced with this washer method is that while I have decent muscle control and strength it seems I rarely can hand
tighten the knob enough so that when adjusting the handlebars or pulling the PT up steps I find it frequently slips. On the flip side is that when I do manage to tighten the knob I then have difficulty in loosening it so as to make height adjustments for demo rides.

My solution to this has been to leave the knob loose all the time. Now hear me out!. I have found that when going down steps if you lightly grip the knob with one hand and guide the PT with the other the washer does help hold the height position in place. Yes, it's a two handed operation but one I find easier than fighting with the tightening and loosening of the knob.

I do like the idea of a bigger or different shaped knob.

the PONY SEAT
bob yarbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:59 PM   #20
Freestyle Freddy
First Timer
Freestyle Freddy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

The threads have stripped on my lean steer height control knob. Adding a washer won't help. Does anyone know the bolt size/diameter & thread count on the tightening knob? The closest I can guess is a #6 UNF fine thread, 40 threads per inch, but I don't know if it may be metric. I don't want to pay $40 or more for a replacement when I can replace it with a hex bolt for under a dollar.
Freestyle Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote