SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 AM   #21
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
A long long time ago, in a place far far away, there were a couple of gliders who were displeased about a topic that was brought up on Segway Chat.

That topic crossed a number of lines, both of inaccuracy and privacy.

At the time the SegwayChat leadership got into a heated battle with those couple of gliders and freinds of those involved took sides, dug in their parking stands and it got nasty with name calling, unwanted and unproffessional attacks on specific members of the community.

Members took sides, and a number of gliders announced that they would never ever log onto Segway Chat again. Members were sactioned, some banned, and some choose to impose a self-ban onthemselves, eroniously claiming they had been banned by SegwayChat.

From that day forward the word ************ was never to be spoken on this site.

It was a very dark time for all who liked Segways.

Fast forward 16 to 18 months.

Segway Chat continues, as does a number of online Segway chat boards.

The moral of the story is. That there is a place for everyone in this Segway world. You can choose where and what Segway on-line Chat sites you want to frequent.

That's it in a nutshell.
I think the sadest part is according to the Terms of Service, I cannot respond to the above revisionist history. SC readers have to go to the other site to hear both sides of the issue. Here in SC, you aren't allowed to question what an admin or moderator says or does.

Heck, I can even be accuse of "stirring things up" and not "letting things be" by just calling attention to these facts. Life in SC...oh well.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:52 AM   #22
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

This discussion as contributed to my decision, please read it here: http://forums.segwaychat.com/showpos...1&postcount=17

Florin
Old 07-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #23
Mr_Laurenzano
Mr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enoughMr_Laurenzano will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Lightbulb I was personally invited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
A long long time ago, in a place far far away, there were a couple of gliders who were displeased about a topic that was brought up on Segway Chat.

That topic crossed a number of lines, both of inaccuracy and privacy.

At the time the SegwayChat leadership got into a heated battle with those couple of gliders and freinds of those involved took sides, dug in their parking stands and it got nasty with name calling, unwanted and unproffessional attacks on specific members of the community.

Members took sides, and a number of gliders announced that they would never ever log onto Segway Chat again. Members were sactioned, some banned, and some choose to impose a self-ban onthemselves, eroniously claiming they had been banned by SegwayChat.

From that day forward the word ************ was never to be spoken on this site.

It was a very dark time for all who liked Segways.

Fast forward 16 to 18 months.

Segway Chat continues, as does a number of online Segway chat boards.

The moral of the story is. That there is a place for everyone in this Segway world. You can choose where and what Segway on-line Chat sites you want to frequent.

That's it in a nutshell.
It was a very dark time for all who liked Segways. Spoon feed, pinged, and low and behold I am not even an owner.

Shall we incorporate ideas or divide?
The grass is always greener on the other side.

Ask a polo player,
One day they water,
the next day the gophers come out
soccer on wedsday
mow on thursday
empty cups and trash on Saturday morn.
Sunday we play.

Ask a bystander, a newbie per say
One day I went to the store
the next day i found a site
free demos at the soccer game on wedsday
fire my lawn care and mow with a 5 dollar push mower
empty cups and trash on Saturday morn
Sunday we play Family style.

...can't we all just get along?"
Crash

It's a famtabulous night for a moon glide.

Last edited by Mr_Laurenzano; 07-26-2009 at 06:23 PM.. Reason: and then straight into your heart I will run.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #24
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

I usually don't read the off-topic / non-tech threads, as I'm not interested in some of the afore-mentioned drama that spawns from them and do not wish to get caught up in it. I'm here for Segway information, not interpersonal conflict (plenty of that elsewhere in life).

So, the bottom line for me is this. On the rare occasion I visit the other site, I tend to find less significant and pertinant content than I find on this site. And that reminds me all over again why I follow this site and not that one. That's it. All the rest is immaterial.

But, that's just me....
Old 07-27-2009, 04:51 AM   #25
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Same here -- for all the faults and drama here, I hang out here, not there, for the people and the content they create.

I don't stay here for the moderation policies. It's hard to even know what they are. I'm sure they have an impact, sometimes good, sometimes bad. I'm sure the moderation policies could be better, and this underlying drama gives me -- unease.

But being a moderator is a hellish job, and one I've chosen NOT to volunteer for. (Nor was I asked -- I have no idea of the existing team's opinion on the idea!)

Between that, and not knowing what really went down, I just accept some things as being the way they are. I don't have the information, time, or emotional energy to put into arguing about it. I've stated my general thoughts, and would think it useful and constructive to hear similar thinking from the moderators, but ultimately, this forum is about Segways, not moderation policy, and it's the users, not "the moderators" who make the place.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #26
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Thanks Everyone

Lets go back to what Segway Chat is all about Talking about Segways.

Lets leave the Drama behind and glide ahead.

With this, this thread is being closed.
Closed Thread