SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:02 AM   #41
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
It surprises me that you feel I want your respect, or care about it at all. Your opinion about me and everything I do or say is clear. So are your many mischaracterations, which you know to be false, yet present them anyway.

There are some people on this forum that i know, it does not matter what i say. I am the bad guy, or the wrong guy. I understand that some people feel this way, and i am cool with it. I have no illusion that everyone here has an ear for what I have to say.

I could list those who I do not care or understand that anything I say is wasted. Most often I don't bother to respond to them. Sometimes I do not have that personal discipline. I know there are both those who have a value for what I say, and those who don't and those who wish I just went away. Sorry Charlie!
So be it.

Jonathan
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #42
BillK
BillK will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

This past weekend I met my daughters future in-laws (from Washington State) for the first time. Wonderful people.

Until we let the topic get into politics - as long as we talked about my daughter and their son we all agreed - but politics - it was obvious that this was a subject better stayed away from...

My guess is that we can find plenty here on this board that we do NOT agree on - but that is not why we are here.

Why not accentuate the positive and the things that we DO agree on here on this board rather than the things where we do not agree and do not matter from a "Segway" perspective?

Just my $0.02 worth.

Bill
BillK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #43
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Sorry Charlie!

Last edited by nora k; 02-14-2008 at 10:27 AM.. Reason: starkist didn't want tuna with good taste, the wanted tuna that tasted good!
nora k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 10:29 AM   #44
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillK View Post
This past weekend I met my daughters future in-laws (from Washington State) for the first time. Wonderful people.

Until we let the topic get into politics - as long as we talked about my daughter and their son we all agreed - but politics - it was obvious that this was a subject better stayed away from...

My guess is that we can find plenty here on this board that we do NOT agree on - but that is not why we are here.

Why not accentuate the positive and the things that we DO agree on here on this board rather than the things where we do not agree and do not matter from a "Segway" perspective?

Just my $0.02 worth.

Bill

Bill,

Your suggestion that we act like mature adults is duely noted. Quite possibly beyond the capacity of some of us, but noted...LOL

Actually, I agree on the segway forums. But on the off topic, it is kind of a free for all. We should still be cordial, but I enjoy a spirited debate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #45
BillK

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Karl - I did not mean to come off with a superior tone - I actually like all you guys/ladies and I have not even met you yet!

I know for a fact that no matter what other choices you make in life that you have made ONE that totally agrees with me and my decisions (yup - purchase of a Segway), consequently you cannot be all bad and MUST have at least ONE redeeming value.

I know for another fact that I can if I want to pick a fight with any of you - all I have to do is come out on the side of gay or not gay or democrat or republican or patriot or not patriot or pro-Bush or against Bush. But when I come to this board I come to hear about all things Segway.

Sure - I understand off topic - but if my comments on off topic mean that I see you less as a Segway friend or you see me less as a Segway friend then I am defeating the purpose - Like "Cheers" here everyone knows your name - it is a friendly place of comraderie. We are just not big enough (Segway enthusiasts) to pick ourselves apart and fragment on OTHER things that we will NEVER agree on.

Wow - don't I sound the pompous one...

OK - off soapbox now -

Karl - I could find LOTS of reasons NOT to like you - but quite honestly if I am ever in your neighborhood I will have to look you up because you sound like someone I could really be good friends with.

In the words of Rodney "can't we all just get along?"

Bill
Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #46
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
... We should still be cordial, but I enjoy a spirited debate.
Doesn't look like I'll be at FesT, but would have enjoyed a debate of various spirits... aaaaaahhhhhhh!!

And a few fine cordials, too....
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #47
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

Quote:
That's essentially why "Off Topic" forums exist on most communities. It keeps the minor skirmishes off the "On Topic" threads and thereby keeps the visitors and noobies insulated from material they really aren't interested in.

The forum header says it all and if somebody doesn't want to partake in "those" types of conversations, they can easily steer clear of them and that's no bull.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #48
BillK

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quade -
I understand - you have a valid point - it's just that when I see MacGeek respond with "So be it", it makes ME feel like permanently Karl and MacGeek now have a rift between them. That bothers me - I know - MY problem not theirs.

I just like to hear from both of them and would prefer that there NOT be a rift - and my perception (probably NOT accurate) is that if they could stay off topics that light them both up on polar opposites that they could remain "Seg buddies" and MY life would be better for it.

But - I need to lurk more and not try and poke my head in where it was not needed.

Thanks for responding.
Bill
Old 02-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #49
macgeek
Super Crazy
Segway Geek
macgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to beholdmacgeek is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default Rift

Quote:
Quade -
I understand - you have a valid point - it's just that when I see MacGeek respond with "So be it", it makes ME feel like permanently Karl and MacGeek now have a rift between them. That bothers me - I know - MY problem not theirs.

I just like to hear from both of them and would prefer that there NOT be a rift - and my perception (probably NOT accurate) is that if they could stay off topics that light them both up on polar opposites that they could remain "Seg buddies" and MY life would be better for it.

But - I need to lurk more and not try and poke my head in where it was not needed.

Thanks for responding.
Bill
Karl and I have no rift, As a matter of fact I have great respect for Karl
(as I have said many times) he works hard, supports a family, has a community
spirit and is truly a segway enthusiast. The sad part is he does not care if I respect
him or not, which is his right. The "so be it" is my acknowledgment that I will never
change the way Karl is, and I should accept that fact.

My solution is a simple one

I stop reading his posts. So I added him to my 'ignore' list, This way I stay ignorent
and blissful.

Jonathan

Segway "Let the good times, roll"
YES! I AM! the Super Crazy - Segway Geek since 2004

Top 7th Poster - Top 8th Reputation, I must be doing something rightâ„¢

Segway Chat Awards 2006:

Most Outrageous Pimping Award - Winner
Funniest Post - runner up
Most Flamboyant Signature - runner up
Most Original Avatar Award - runner up

Segway Chat Awards 2007:

Most Original And Impressive Re-Pimp of a Segway - I think thats done!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
macgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 12:31 PM   #50
nora k
nora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura aboutnora k has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Quade -

Thanks for responding.
Bill
i think being a thorn in karl's side is one of the things macgeek lives for. their long history together allows for fodder seg and non-seg. for the most part karl doesn't take to macgeek's baiting (which you KNOW you do, jon), but the geek's a master and when they clash it's a cataclysmic event akin to halley's comet hitting utah.

but they are both here because they love the machine. even if they never shared a thread again they'd likely continue coming here and sharing their knowledge with others who learn from them.