SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Default Gliding with dogs

I got a new mini DV camcorder this past weekend and played around with it. I admit, its dorky, but I didn't really plan it out. Next week we are going to do a bit of a South FL montage on our segs, we may take them to the beach, etc etc.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

That's great. Love the cars, love the dogs, love the segs! Good job!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
philippeseg
philippeseg is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking

The CHE (huahua) on Segway , it's Revolutionary !

http://www.segway-in-paris.com/article-16087380.html
Old 01-29-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
That's great. Love the cars, love the dogs, love the segs! Good job!

Jeremy Ryan
Thanks! Hopefully we'll have some better quality / content videos up soon.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
Old 01-29-2008, 12:33 PM   #5
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

While smoother cinematography may have it's place, I enjoy the 'home movie' factor, and the true value for me is smiling faces, and people enjoying themselves...

Give me a bad movie of people having fun, over a good movie of crumudgeons any day...

I happen to like large dogs, and have a tendency to describe types like yours as "desert" breeds, but as long as everyone is having a good time, including the dogs, then all is good... I am sure the dogs have mixed feeling about the segs at first, but getting to go with mom and dad on a glide is more than enough compensation...

Keep having fun...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 01-29-2008 at 03:30 PM..
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
BillPaxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
While smoother cinematography may have it's place, I enjoy the 'home movie' factor, and the true value for me is smiling faces, and people enjoying themselves...

Give me a bad movie of people having fun, over a good movie of crumudgeons any day...

I happen to like large dogs, and have a tendency to describe types like yours as "desert" breeds, but as long as everyone is having a good time, including the dogs, then all is good... I am sure the dogs have mixed feeling about the segs at first, but getting to go with mom and day on a glide is more than enough compensation...

Keep having fun...
Thanks again - I too prefer a larger dog, of the many I have had most have been retievers and shepherds - but my better half has her own preferences so little dogs are a [pardon the pun] small sacrifice. We trained them with turkey bacon and they actually run up and jump on the segs when we open the garage door, they know its time to go to the pub and get fish sandwiches and so on!

Old 01-29-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

We are currently thinking of homing a retired Greyhound. probably a bit big to sit in a bag on a Segway, but then the general idea is to get some exercise (me, as well as the dog). Sharon (SWMBO) was bought up with German Shepards, 5 in total, all her fathers guide dogs. Trouble is German Shepards and kids don't mix.

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #8
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

My fiance and I have a Newfoundland and a puggle. The Newfie is 6 years old and has been with me for the last two years. The puggle is 5 months old and a handful but we love them both. I like big dogs better but having a big dog and a small dog is nice especially if the small dog doesn't bark much. It's good we got a king sized bed though because both dogs sleep with us at night!

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #9
CovRob
CovRob will become famous soon enoughCovRob will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyboy View Post
We are currently thinking of homing a retired Greyhound. probably a bit big to sit in a bag on a Segway, but then the general idea is to get some exercise (me, as well as the dog).
LOL...Greyhounds are not the dog to get to get exercise yourself All they need is a 10 minute opportunity for a sprint session and then they just plod around or want to curl up on an armchair. Very loving and great family animals, but exercise for you? HAH!

We have a lurcher (greyhound cross) and 2 dalmatians...NOW they love a good walk! (All 3 are rescue dogs...great move)

Sorry for going off-topic.
Old 01-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

Geez Bill, I have cats bigger than your dogs. Although I have no room to talk because I have not trained any of my cats to ride in a seg. As for my dogs, I don't think they will be gliding with me anytime without a trailer, golden retriever and a pimbrooke welsh corgi. If I were to get a Chihuaha it would have to be named mojo. You weren't kidding when you said you had a polo field behind your house. I'm planning some film projects as we speak.
-segsurfer

segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote