SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
falves
falves is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default A Positive Post on Gizmodo?

Check this out:

Wheelchair Segway Mod

Cheers,
Fernando
falves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
Cube128
Cube128 will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Nah, not quite positive. Note the double negetive: "Why shouldn't the wheelchair-bound not be able to have fun on the Segway?" I remember when the Segseat first went on sale, boy did those websites have a field day!
Cube128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:56 PM   #3
drmarty
drmarty has a spectacular aura aboutdrmarty has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Hmm. Better than most of their stuff, tho.

I tried to go to the site of the maker and got nada.

Who wants to sell me a Segseat? Somebody snatched up the last one. Who could that have been? I was snoozing. ha ha

Marty
drmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #4
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default Buy direct

If you can't find a dealer who'll give you a reasonable price on a Segseat, I can put you in contact with maker of the Segseat. OPTA - Of course, we could also just as easily get Mario to come on out to the next polo match, and you could come and talk to him in person.

See, as always the answer to most of life's problems isn't talking to the right person, locating the best deal or even thinking outside the box. It's much simpler than that...just come to polo. 8^) 8^) 8^)
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
falves
falves is on a distinguished road

Default Contacting Mario

Hey Steve,

I contacted Mario about buying some replacement front & rear bumpers for my SegSeat. He said that he'd see if he had some spares and just send them to me, but that's the last I heard from him. I've tried emailing him back, but got no response... If you see him or know how to contact him, can you please ask him to let me know what happened?

Thanks!

-Fernando
falves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #6
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

Marty,

You have PM.

Be Big,
Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:50 AM   #7
PeteInLongBeach
PeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura aboutPeteInLongBeach has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falves View Post
Hey Steve,

I contacted Mario about buying some replacement front & rear bumpers for my SegSeat. He said that he'd see if he had some spares and just send them to me, but that's the last I heard from him. I've tried emailing him back, but got no response... If you see him or know how to contact him, can you please ask him to let me know what happened?

Thanks!

-Fernando
Has Mario stopped making SegSeats for the gen1 machines? Did I wait too long? Uh ohh....
PeteInLongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

Default in stock

You should have no problem finding Segseats. Besides plenty of Segseats in the dealer network, I know Mario has a fair number himself. If any dealer says, "Segseats aren't available", then they probably mean that they choose not to stock them (nor want to buy them for whatever reason...maybe they have a competing product?).

Segseats have a MRSP of $750. If you posted a WTB and mentioned that number, I'm sure your msg box would be filled within a day with PMs from dealers who read this forum. I know a few have appeared on Ebay if you want to see what market rates are.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:58 PM   #9
radharvey
radharvey is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member
Arrow um.

Folding control shaft? I want.

Are theses seats or shafts available?

radharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 12:13 AM   #10
polo_pro
Advanced Member

Default versatile

Quote:
Originally Posted by radharvey View Post
Folding control shaft? I want.

Are theses seats or shafts available?
The SegSeat folds down to be flat against the control shaft on gen 1 machines. And you can still collapse the control shaft down so that the whole segway is only 3 feet tall even though the segseat is attached to it. You can even undo the control shaft from the base while the segseat is attached to it.

In everyday use, you really never have to take the segseat off the segway ever.

ps - I'm not sure what you mean by "folding control shaft"? You'll have to be more specific about this if I'm to comment.