SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default a Simply Red Segway

To keep a long story short. I needed a license plate holder to get my Segway approved by the department of transportation.

There is no better excuse then that, to get your whole Segway pimped

So, Goldy and myself, got onto the train for the big trip to Germany, to the home base of Funky Move Customs.

Since all painted parts are red, I decided to call my Segway, Simply Red. So watch out if you are in the Netherlands for the Gliding Dutchman on Simply Red.

Pictures of the transformation can be found here: http://glidingdutchman.eu/blog/?page...um=2&gallery=6

And yes, my Segway got approved, So I'm a happy man.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
Tory
Tory is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

florin" the Flying Dutchman --Pretty cool red Segway with your own personal name on the lean steer. It sure is bright, did you add a clear coat after the red? I painted mine a very nice bright yellow, but after that I did 3 bad crashes so there is a lot of yellow now scraped". Good thing I know the body shop owner as he gives me a discount on whatever I get painted there. Very nice job on your Segway Florin. Tory
Tory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:29 AM   #3
nickyboy
nickyboy will become famous soon enoughnickyboy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tory View Post
florin" the Flying Dutchman --Pretty cool red Segway with your own personal name on the lean steer. It sure is bright, did you add a clear coat after the red? I painted mine a very nice bright yellow, but after that I did 3 bad crashes so there is a lot of yellow now scraped". Good thing I know the body shop owner as he gives me a discount on whatever I get painted there. Very nice job on your Segway Florin. Tory
Tory, getting a discount at the body shop is probably not the sort of thing I would bragg about

Southern Segway
Tel: 0845 619 0007

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

nickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default just another effect

Of seeing all those really cool custom Segways at SegwayFesT, I bet!

Congrats on your newly painted ride!

A Segway surprise is on its way to you via the mail! Keep an eye open for a USPS Priority Mail bag!
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote