SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
safety1st
safety1st will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Block Party

Here is a video we shot at a block party in downtown Dallas last Thursday for the residence. We were sponsored by The Third Rail Lofts (New lofts in downtown). Lots of people got to try the Segway for commuting to work while listening to a great band. Almost everyone that lives downtown also works there. It is a large file because it was shot in High Def and we kept the resolution in the upload.

http://dfwseg.com/video4.html

David Ford
D/FW Segway
dfwseg.com
safety1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:13 PM   #2
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I really, really enjoyed this video! I think it is because I love seeing segway newbies. There is just something about watching someone try a segway for the first time, and this video delivers on that!
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:03 AM   #3
Cube128
Cube128 will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Very nice! I've always thought that the consumer market Segway should target is the urban professional who lives and works downtown. Most of them are either just getting started and couldn't afford the upkeep on a car, or are wealthy enough that a Segway would just be a fun thing to have. I think a single commercial or ad shoot with well-dressed, fit, young professionals (without helmets - this is critical!) would work great.
Cube128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:58 PM   #4
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

great fun! I loved watching the guy in the suit try it out - and ending up with that huge segway smile.
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
safety1st
safety1st will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Lots of fun

Thanks all. It was a great time. It seems during these kind of demos everyone has more fun. Maybe it has something to do just a lot of people around you.
We were reaching a very specific group.

We firmly believe the urban commuter will be a large market during the next 12 months.

Quote:
Cube128 Very nice! I've always thought that the consumer market Segway should target is the urban professional who lives and works downtown. Most of them are either just getting started and couldn't afford the upkeep on a car, or are wealthy enough that a Segway would just be a fun thing to have. I think a single commercial or ad shoot with well-dressed, fit, young professionals (without helmets - this is critical!) would work great.
Yes, Cube128 we are with you on this. We start shooting our latest 60 sec spot in downtown Fort Worth next week. Just waiting on on some city permits. We should have it out of post production by the 19th.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

David Ford
D/FW Segway
safety1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:42 AM   #6
cruiter
cruiter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Great "Marketing" job. I wish Inc would do some promos like this on a national basis. Using hip looking helmets was a nice bit to promote wearing head gear. Please post your next production.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by safety1st View Post
Here is a video we shot at a block party in downtown Dallas last Thursday for the residence. We were sponsored by The Third Rail Lofts (New lofts in downtown). Lots of people got to try the Segway for commuting to work while listening to a great band. Almost everyone that lives downtown also works there. It is a large file because it was shot in High Def and we kept the resolution in the upload.

http://dfwseg.com/video4.html

David Ford
D/FW Segway
dfwseg.com

" We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees." (Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division)
cruiter is offline   Reply With Quote