SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > General Discussion

Notices

General Discussion Miscellaneous topics and for general social, non-Segway discussions.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:28 AM   #21
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanj0 View Post
You have a very good point with re-enlistment. The truth is that in some circumstances and many at that troops are FORCED to re-enlist. In others it is voluntary. Also just like the terror threat levels the re-enlistment levels are told to us by the government which right now I doubt the credibility. The answer to your comment on morals is that many soldiers are not exposed in the prison setting or exposed to the ethically wrong documents out there. I don't claim to know everything either but I do know this Bush signed a letter that is shown to many of those guarding prisons stating that torture is suggested for interrogation. I do know that you can't trust the government. I also know you are very open minded Karl and will certainly consider all points of view. The facts are clear so for the democrats we need open minded people in this election because we need to win by enough that faulty machinery and cheating cannot deem republicans victorious.

Jeremy Ryan
I find it funny that people use hearsay to condemn the President.

- The rumor of forced re-enlistments is just that, a rumor. Yes, there is a "stop loss" program but it only applies to Army personnel who are currently in Iraq in support of OIF or in Afghanistan in support of OEF and extends for no more than 90 days after their unit gets back from their tour of duty in those theaters. In effect, the stop-loss program will extend your enlistment by nor more than 1 year and affects between 4,000 and 5,000 Soldiers a year.

- The rumor of the signed document is just that, a rumor. If there were such a signed document it would have been subpoenaed by Congress by now and we would all have seen it. You say you don't claim to know everything but then you put that comment out there as fact.

- You trust who you want to trust. I do trust the government although I may not believe everything that is said to me.

- The legacy of "cheating" and "faulty machines" is nothing new in politics, just go back to the old days in Chicago when the Democrats (Daley) allowed dead people to vote, or Tammany Hall days in NY, or any of the countless electoral process in any of the countless towns and cities across the country. Ultimately parties win because the system we have in place, you place your vote, the votes are all counted, and a winner is announced (yes, in some cases the Electoral College picks the winner). The key here is to vote 'cause if you don't you have no right to bitch.

I man not agree with everything that is happening but I know that those whom I helped elect (just by the simple act of voting) do have the best interests of this country at heart. The joy of living in a democratic nation is simple, we all get to disagree about the actions taken but we had the pleasure of putting those people in office!

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:40 AM   #22
Madsegs
Madsegs will become famous soon enoughMadsegs will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default International segway

[quote=wwhopper;159125] And 21st century technology put together by American hands ....... [quote]

Only the final stages......

Motors in Mexico
Electronics from Thailand, S Korea, China.....
CSB from Italy
NiMh from SAFT, France
Li-ion in China
Michelin tyres from France

Don´t you just love segs, i´m always riding mine.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Madsegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:51 AM   #23
wwhopper
Advanced Member
wwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to beholdwwhopper is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Segway is No Martha Stewart

[QUOTE=Madsegs;159189][quote=wwhopper;159125] And 21st century technology put together by American hands .......
Quote:

Only the final stages......

Motors in Mexico
Electronics from Thailand, S Korea, China.....
CSB from Italy
NiMh from SAFT, France
Li-ion in China
Michelin tyres from France
There was a skit where Martha made her own coffin

Grew the wood, milled the planks, forged the nails. Raised the silk worms, harvested the silk and wove the fabric. And then put it all together to make something of it.

In this global economy most things come together from some place else.
wwhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:46 PM   #24
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Only got time to smack down one silly idea of yours from the entire litany of myths you replied with...

You really need to read more, to stay better informed, Karl...

http://www.bostonnow.com/blogs/bosto...magazine-12207

The current administration is not full of candy canes and cotton candy goodness, as you appear to posit. I'm glad you've had a great VA experience, but far more people with more severe wartime injuries, have not. Just because you don't see them participating in SegChat, does not mean they don't exist.

You can also look up the data for yourself, instead of taking Rolling Stone's word for it...

SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I am a veteran, and I have been treated well. I don't think the beaurocracy of the VA is perfect, as it is not, but I believe it is disengenous to say it is a policy of this administration to treat veterans poorly and deny them services and benefits.
SEGsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #25
drolsinatas
drolsinatas

5 yr Member
Default wow

I was curious to see which candidates the segway community was looking at and most of you just talked about looking for a candidate who will support Segways? First off, I think it's not even something a president should have to think about. haha, and is everyone here so obsessed with their Segways that it comes first in your life?? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE MY SEGWAY, but it's just to get me from point A to B, and that's it.

I asked you guys because I assume there is a smart bunch of free thinkers here and I'm curious how much focus you've put on this Presidential Campaign year. The MSM seems to just be spinning entertaining story's about Clinton vs Obama vs Romney vs Huckabee blah blah blah, but they never really get into anything deeper.

I notice most of the candidates talk about Government Programs they want to create, and opinions or stances they have on things like Pro Life, Pro Guns, Pro Anti Terrorism, Pro Health Care ect. ect, (with the exception of Ron Paul, he seems to think the opposite of all the candidates) ... but since most of you here are older, I'd like to hear some names of Candidates you like.

Has anyone checked out any old Ross Perot interviews. Does anyone think that now in hind site that he was right?
Old 12-23-2007, 06:22 PM   #26
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player

Here's my contribution to what will surely become a volatile thread. It does NOT represent my political views at all. So don't even try to imply anything about my choice of videos...if there wasn't a segway in it, I'd never have posted it (even in Off Topic).

ps - Someone should send this video to staffers at the other campaigns and mention how things like this swing that pivotal glider vote! 8^) 8^) 8^)
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:55 PM   #27
Eric Payne

I'm for whatever candidate takes a stand saying: "You know, as much as some people from THIS side don't like people on THAT side, a whole class of people can't, constitutionally, be declared illegal and have all their rights stripped from them. That's just not the way it works, people."
Old 12-24-2007, 03:20 AM   #28
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Payne View Post
I'm for whatever candidate takes a stand saying: "You know, as much as some people from THIS side don't like people on THAT side, a whole class of people can't, constitutionally, be declared illegal and have all their rights stripped from them. That's just not the way it works, people."

I guess I am having one of my more dense moments. I don't get it. I can guess, but may be way off. Give another hint. Please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:50 AM   #29
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
Only got time to smack down one silly idea of yours from the entire litany of myths you replied with...

You really need to read more, to stay better informed, Karl...

http://www.bostonnow.com/blogs/bosto...magazine-12207

The current administration is not full of candy canes and cotton candy goodness, as you appear to posit. I'm glad you've had a great VA experience, but far more people with more severe wartime injuries, have not. Just because you don't see them participating in SegChat, does not mean they don't exist.

You can also look up the data for yourself, instead of taking Rolling Stone's word for it...

SEGsby

First off, How would you know what I know and what I don't? That is a bit presumptuous.

As far as data, what would you have me look up? I did say that I felt the VA is flawed, but I do not think this particular administration is doing anything different or worse, and that was what was presented.

As far as the journalistic integrety of Rolling Stone Magagizine, I will not comment. I do not know enough about them, and do not care. To pick on one item from their attack list, if you really think there is anyone at the pentagon who is counting days and sends a unit home one day early to save a on some educational benifits, you are simply demonstrating that you have no clue what is really going on. That kind of thing may happen, but it is not some conspiracy, and even if it was a policy, it would not be performed nearly that successfully. It only demonstrates that you have no real experience dealing with the government or the military, and rely on paper shuffling and someone else's subjective reporting.

Again, the VA is flawed, but not more so because of this administration. I believe it is also the largest health care provider in the United States, and I am sure there are many stories of bad service. That happens. It should not, and when uncovered, should be fixed. Still, the government is the government, and they are not known for doing things right, doing things fast, doing things on time, or doing things efficiently. Saying this administration is responsible for that is short sighted.

I never said that this administration is cotton candy and candy canes. I also said I am not a particular fan of George W. Bush. I just do not believe in holding someone responsible for that which they did not start.

On some other notes...

I noticed that someone quoted my comment about starting a war with the stated reason of national defense, but chose to not comment on the war in Bosnia, in which we sided with the Moslim fundamentalists and helped exterminate the christians, and that was done to take our minds off a particular stain on a dress, or the definition of the word 'is'.

Further, I did vote for Perot. I do not like the 'good ole' boys network' and thought he could tear it up, and bring some logic and sanity to the federal government. He wound up loosing both himself.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #30
Eric Payne

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
I guess I am having one of my more dense moments. I don't get it. I can guess, but may be way off. Give another hint. Please.
Ultimately, it's the politics of fear, Karl, and I can understand you "not getting" it, as those politics aren't directed toward you.

But be gay... or Hispanic... or, God forbid, male with olive-tinted dermal cells and facial hair and you'll, very quickly, find you, as a person, have to some extent been made "illegal."