SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2021, 05:42 PM   #1
CZroe
CZroe is on a distinguished road

Default Newnan, GA USA here... Kickscooter after natural disaster

At the end of March my brother and I took a direct hit from the strongest part of an EF-4 tornado. The house and my car were ruined. Also I was injured when I fell through the ceiling while trying to put up a tarp where the roof had been.

My medical bills swallowed the insurance check for my car and my brother had to pick up the slack with his. The Segway Ninebot ES3 Plus can help us through this in a few ways. It is particularly useful for getting my brother’s car to/from public chargers since we can’t charge at our temporary accommodations. In a pinch we can even use it to go our separate ways. It also buys me time for getting a motorcycle assembled and registered after I abandoned it at our mother’s place 8+ years ago.

My brother was not very enthusiastic about spending the money on our Segway Ninebot ES3 Plus ($579 at Costco... $602 after tax) but he uses it multiple times per day and doesn’t need to spend nearly as much time shuttling me around. Unfortunately, it didn’t quite work out today since he didn’t leave me the scooter or the car after taking me to physical therapy and then work, and he will be at work across town when I get off. Excuse to buy a second one when I can afford it?
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote