SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:51 PM   #1
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Default Here are some serious enthusiasts...

Some of the in-line skaters in the Netherlands are very serious about their hobby.

http://www.geoskating.com/

Sounds like a great idea, and also applicable to the HT. However, I don't know if there would be enough volunteers with enough motivation and free time to keep it going here in the US.
Old 06-16-2005, 08:33 AM   #2
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

At least not yet. Wonder if they would be willing to add quality of curb cuts (or even availability) and sidewalks. LOL Hey, Florin!!!! This is in your neighborhood.
Pam
Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 PM   #3
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I haven't read the website in detail yet, but if the Segway will ever become legal, I have enough free time and it's a cheap service, I wouldn't mind to enter curb and sidewalk data into the system.

But on the other hand, the data might be a bit borring. Most curbs already have cuts and the sidewalks are always of good quality.

But when I have time, I will read the website completly. It sounds very interresting.

LOL, Well not really neighborhood (although, for US definitions it is the neighborhood , it's only 2 hours driving by car). I'm living in the southern part of the Netherlands, the part of which the system says, no map available yet.

Visit http://www.florin-webdesign.nl/segwayinfo if you want to stay up-to-date on the situation about the Segway HT in the Netherlands.