SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #41
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Wink Your results may vary ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Hope you get to feeling better soon!
Pam
Thanks for the thoughts Pam.

Well Sunday I had it together and still a crowd and so I went to three
Simon properties.

All will remain nameless until I hear back from Simon Corporate.

Stop one. Open air style Mall. I spend about 2 hrs, drop some cash and never even see Security. Very nice.

I don't "seek out" security but I don't play "hide and seek" either.

Stop two. Traditional Mall and with in about 15 mins. security told me no Segs. I ask and receive permission to speak to their supervisor. After about a fifteen min. talk I could see that he agreed with my position but was stuck with towing the corporate line.

He basically told me to go shop, called off his dogs and would pretend I was never there. I give him credit very few have the guts to take a chance.

Stop three was the same as stop one. It was late in the day so that may have had something to do with it.

End result very little. Simon needs to either enforce their own rule or comply to the law.

See no "public image" disaster, just a few thousand people that saw a Segway being used safely among a semi-mindless Holiday shopping crowd.

And a ton of "one on one" discussion about the Segway.

Regards,
Alan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:28 PM   #42
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Alan,

I admire both your courage and your tenacity. Keep this up, the world needs more people like you...those who stand by their convictions and try to use peaceful, and legal, means to achieve them.

Regards,

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #43
Timezkware Tim
Timezkware Tim will become famous soon enoughTimezkware Tim will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

Congrats, Alan. Good work.

Tim
Timezkware Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #44
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Talking I'm selfish !

Thanks guys.

I would like to say that I'm out there trying to "break new ground" when in fact I'm just trying to live my life on my terms.

Regards,
Alan

Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote