SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use

Notices

Special Needs, Mobility and Disabled Use Information and discussion for those with special needs interested in the Segway.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:11 PM   #111
hellphish
hellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura abouthellphish has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarkus View Post
The "Top Brass" will only comply when forced to.

At that point they will put their PR spinsters on it to make it seem as if Disney was "cutting edge" on this issue. And people will buy it.
So.... sue them already. Who cares how they spin it afterwards. You'll have your access, right? I am sure that there must be more to it than simply filling out a form pointing out an ADA violation, but I haven't been fighting the fight so I don't really know. Maybe you can talk more about what you're doing with disney?
hellphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 PM   #112
Tarkus
Tarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the roughTarkus is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default You do have brass....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellphish View Post
So.... sue them already. Who cares how they spin it afterwards. You'll have your access, right? I am sure that there must be more to it than simply filling out a form pointing out an ADA violation, but I haven't been fighting the fight so I don't really know. Maybe you can talk more about what you're doing with disney?
You sir have a very simplistic view of things, "sue them already". The American way, don't "fight the fight" as you said, have somebody else do it for you.

Sue ? That sir would just increase the amount of time it would take to reach a resolution. All you need do is look how long it took Jerry Kerr when he sued the airline for his rights.

REMEMBER HE IS THE REASON WE CAN FLY WITH THE SEGWAY
There were no others willing to step up to the plate.

Are you a person with a disability ?
If your are then you should be out daily walking the walk, being seen , telling the story, reaching out to any media you can find, and refusing to leave the Mall when security asks.

Be your own advocate.

And if your not take notice, the only way AB's will ever get the Segway access they seek will be through the work of groups now working for disability access.

Here's the truth, when someone chooses the Segway as a mobility aid they know what they are getting into as far as these things are concerned, So be ready to be a trailblazer.

What am I doing with Disney and the Malls, I chose not to disclose that information, but I will say that this is being handled the same way any other of these situations are, behind the scenes with people of power.

Government moves slow, and if you don't have the stomach for that fact then use another device.

Until someone else gets it done for you.

Another thing I do is dig deep into my pockets, along with a very small group of others to keep "fighting the fight".

I fly around, make tons of calls, meetings both local, state and federal.
I also help with giving Segways to American Heroes returning from war.

Oh, and yes I beat the drum here. Over and over and over.

With that I have just scratched the surface of what I and others do for the cause.

So there you have it.

Be Big,
Alan

PS-THE ABOVE ARE MY PERSONAL COMENTS AND IN NO WAY REFLECT THE VIEWS OF DRAFT. THATS THE REASON I USED THE WORD "I", NOT DRAFT, IN RESPONCE TO THIS POST.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Tarkus; 03-23-2007 at 07:52 PM..
Tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #113
Worm
Worm is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Bravo!!!!!!
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote