SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
felix_fetche
felix_fetche is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Just Segway, before Ninebot, Split in two sections.

Can we split the real Segway from Ninebot?
Admin, can you split in two sections, Segway and Ninebot?
Because we, Original Segway funs, we simply have not couriosity about Ninebot and others.
we want to get strictly and closly only to Gen.1 and Gen.2 units discussions.

Last edited by felix_fetche; 12-12-2018 at 05:58 PM.. Reason: Forgot some words.
Old 12-13-2018, 02:46 PM   #2
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I'll second that request

It would sure help not to have to wade through thread topics that I have no interest in

Don
Old 12-13-2018, 03:43 PM   #3
truck
truck is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix_fetche View Post
Can we split the real Segway from Ninebot?
Admin, can you split in two sections, Segway and Ninebot?
Because we, Original Segway funs, we simply have not couriosity about Ninebot and others.
we want to get strictly and closly only to Gen.1 and Gen.2 units discussions.
I would like to see a separation too.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
felix_fetche
felix_fetche is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Two sections, toys and real redundant vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
I would like to see a separation too.
Old 12-13-2018, 06:17 PM   #5
dale@thecoys.net
dale@thecoys.net will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I agree that it would be nice. But I don't think it is practical.

A change of title for this particular forum would be necessary, so what would you call it?

For instance, the Segway miniPRO and miniLITE are not marketed as being "Ninebots". How would you exclude them?

Etc.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:27 PM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I see the point, and I do not know much about the new (Chinese) products, but I believe they own the name now. At least I presume they do.

So, like it or not, it is what it is...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 02-01-2019, 08:08 AM   #7
mathiegi
mathiegi is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

please separate the real, safe and fullredundant Segway PT, from the unsafe, non redundante, non durable NineBot Kids-Toys...

We do it also in Europe, in the German Forum, or in "THE SEGWAY IMPROVERS" Facebook groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/die-...2230767530210/

All selfbalancing NineBot things are forbitten to use in Switzerland, they are to unsafe!

Last edited by mathiegi; 02-01-2019 at 08:49 AM..
Old 02-01-2019, 03:30 PM   #8
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

This overcrowded forum gets two posts a month? Hard to shuffle through both those posts by the average human mind?

The terms safe versus toys seems insulting considering all the people seriously hurt and even killed by the classic Segways versus the zero people killed by the new and smaller Segway products. There is a reason the classic Segways drove the government, and many companies, to pass laws banning their use. Unsafe toy indeed.

Is this that psychological mind trick where a lie repeated often enough can be seen as the truth even when facts don't support it?
Old 02-02-2019, 12:11 PM   #9
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

If by “killed by a Segway”, you mean the one guy who drove his off a cliff, then I guess I might agree with that very limited viewpoint.

However, the original Segs are fundamentally much safer, having redundant control systems and batteries. For machine-inherent safety, the new machines are not in the same league as the originals....but they are less expensive. Personally, I like redundancy in aircraft I fly in, and two-wheeled balancing transporters.

In most states and localities, Segs are perfectly legal. You apparently do not know the story of how Segway itself lobbied in almost every state to get Segs classified by governments as EPAMDs.

That said, I agree that a forum with so few posts does not need to be split.
Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 PM   #10
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Interesting discussion.

I think there are more deaths than one from Segway riding. That is based on the article on WebMD discussing head traumas and the numbers of people admitted to just the one Washington DC hospital. Many admitted into critical care.

See Ellen's TV show with her on a Segway by searching youtube. She starts off talking about how her girlfriend bought her the X2(whatever the offroad version is) and she promptly crashed and got an hematoma (smashed up her leg). Then she crashes right on the show,... maybe in rehearsal, with stage hands running to get her off the floor.

Classics are safer in the way a sport bike with antilock braking, or fuel injection, is safer than cheaper sport bikes with less features. Owners can't sit there on their fully featured sport bike and claim the bikes with regular brakes are unsafe kid toys. 95 percent of the reasons for injuries and deaths sport bike riders will encounter are still present on both types of sport bikes.

I've thought about Segway MiniPro's for my elderly parents. Go on walks with them or dog walks. The classic might be a better choice seeing as how life endangering a fall could be. But really, neither Segway would be good as there is always a chance of a fall. A very good chance of falling off of either as they learn gliding skills being they are newbies. They are at an age where breaking bones can be so very dangerous.
Closed Thread