SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Other Topics > Science and Technology

Notices

Science and Technology Science & technology discussions not related to the Segway. This includes discussion of Segway knockoffs and clones.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
JohnM
JohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of lightJohnM is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member
Default T3 Motion transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-Flags View Post
As usual, we shall see....
We have seen. The T3 has been doing just fine in the security venue for 7 years.
RUSA #235
UMCA #

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #2
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
We have seen. The T3 has been doing just fine in the security venue for 7 years.
Do you have the sales numbers for T3? How do you know how they compare to the Patroller?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 06-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Although, had they hyped themselves the way Segway did at the start, everyone would consider them a spectacular failure.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:45 AM   #4
rickb
rickb is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

A paragraph copied from their website:

T3 Motion’s initial focus on law enforcement facilitated its expansion into additional professional markets, particularly private security, military, and government. There are over 3,000 T3 Motion vehicles in operation, spanning nearly 30 countries worldwide and logging over 20,000,000 miles. These vehicles are currently used by the Pentagon, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), police
Old 06-11-2013, 07:36 AM   #5
KSagal
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb View Post

T3 Motion’s initial focus on law enforcement facilitated its expansion into additional professional markets, particularly private security, military, and government. There are over 3,000 T3 Motion vehicles in operation, spanning nearly 30 countries worldwide and logging over 20,000,000 miles. These vehicles are currently used by the Pentagon, U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), police
I dunno. 3,000 machines does not seem like a lot to me. JohnM says they have done just fine in security for the past 7 years, but I wonder if those numbers of segway patrollers would impress him as just fine also.

Seems there are frequently double standards as to what qualifies as good performance for some machines, and those standards are not the same for others.

I would have guessed at far more than 3000 T3s on the market. I just do not know how many are there, which is why I asked.

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #6
rickb
rickb is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member

3000 machines doesn't seem like a huge market. I wonder how that compares to Segway Patroller Models.......or the total number of Segways sold in that same time frame.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #7
JW Hunter
JW Hunter is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.Kerns View Post
Although, had they hyped themselves the way Segway did at the start, everyone would consider them a spectacular failure.
Well they must have done well enough for the new owners of Segway to hire their former CEO as their new CEO.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickb View Post

This doesn't seem like very successful market penetration to me. (They might be successful financially though.)

The one T3 I have ever seen, was shortly after they came out; a loaner that our local police used in a parade. Not "used to patrol a parade", but used in a parade. They returned it.

They DID get a two-wheeled electric scooter, more like a stand-up bike. It's lighter and cheaper than a Segway or a T3. I'm not sure what advantage a Segway might offer them in our local environment, but I think either is a better choice locally than the T3 -- or Segway's new model.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I would like a T3!
When they are half the price of the Segway...
Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
KSagal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritium View Post
I would like a T3!
When they are half the price of the Segway...
There are lots of things half the price of a segway and less, and I don't want them either. I gave up trikes a while back.