SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Videos and Podcasts

Notices

Videos and Podcasts For all Segway-related multimedia posts, music, podcasts, videos, etc.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:11 AM   #1
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Thumbs up Kamen 101 - Essential Viewing

Classic Kamen:

The TED conference finally posts some of the classic talks, including this one.

A must-see for both the old and new members of this site.

-Sal

P.S. The TED conferences are the same place from which I posted the following thread.

Last edited by Sal; 07-28-2007 at 08:47 AM.. Reason: edited links
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #2
Brooster
Advanced Member
Brooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Thumbs up The Vision Lives

Thanks for the link Sal. Dean's talks are always an inspiration, and this one is no exception.

It's this vision that had all of us so excited in the very early days of Segway. I hope Dean and Segway are able to do the work they need to do to bring back and sustain the level of energy and excitement that we all had in 2003. The fact that there isn't a SegwayFest this year is perhaps an indicator that things are no longer moving in the direction we'd hoped.

Good talk, thanks again.
Broo
Old 07-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #3
Sal
Enjoys a well balanced glide
Sal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond reputeSal has a reputation beyond repute

Default I'm glad you liked it Broo...

... I hope that everyone tho came to this thread took the time to watch this video and sparked some sort of change, not in their Segway-realted lives, but in their lives in general.

Maybe it's cheezy for me to think this, but I'll say it anyway: we're a community that CAN make a difference, whether it be to influence changes in infrastructure, or a change in government. Why I say this is that we had the COURAGE to buy the Segway, and tolerate the insensitive attitudes.

Don't just stop with Kamen, there are plenty of other inspirational, attitude changing and thought provoking talks at TED.

Enjoy!

-Sal
Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:57 AM   #4
Brooster
Advanced Member
Brooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to allBrooster is a name known to all

5 yr Member
Smile Just a thought ...

Shouldn't Dean be standing on an i2 these days?

We all know how he loves his p133 with the briefcase attachment, but if he's going to go out and sell the technology shouldn't he be standing on a machine that can actually be purchased?

I know, the p-Series is easier to load on the Raytheon Premier biz-jet. But still ...

Old 08-01-2007, 01:15 AM   #5
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooster View Post

We all know how he loves his p133 with the briefcase attachment, but if he's going to go out and sell the technology shouldn't he be standing on a machine that can actually be purchased?

I know, the p-Series is easier to load on the Raytheon Premier biz-jet. But still ...

Broo,

This was filmed in 2002, right?

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #6
florin
The Gliding Dutchman
florin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to allflorin is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooster View Post

I guess you missed that little line of text, just above the video area: Filmed Feb. 2002

I think if he has to do a similar presentation today, he will come on a I2.

Florin
florin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 AM   #7
Brooster
Advanced Member

5 yr Member
Default My bad!

Thanks! For some reason I thought it was more recent.