SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Segway General Discussion

Notices

Segway General Discussion General discussion related to any model of Segways, miniPROs, or Ninebots. Please do not post non-Segway technology posts here; use the technology forum instead.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #1
PTFunSports
PTFunSports is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Segway Event Insurance and Transport to Middle East?

Well, I think I'm doomed to help sustain Segway insurance providers as I've had to buy a standard $2 mill policy for my new Segway sports and recreation business, but I also just had to purchase an additional $5 mill in event insurance for 3 days, since we were just in the St Pete Grand Prix this year. NOW, I'm having to look into event insurance of some kind if we are accepted to take our Segway act to this huge event in Abu Dhabi.

Does anyone have any advice on...

1) Event insurance that covers our temporary stint at a convention center in Abu Dhabi for a couple months (10-20 i2 units)? US provider that covers overseas, or know of some contact there in the UAE?

2) Freight suggestions to ship 10-20 i2 units and some additional small equipment from Florida? I was thinking of renting over there, but the price may be right to just ship, and we have extra stuff to take besides the i2's.

Much appreciated!

Chad W.
Clearwater, FL
PTFunSports.com
PTFunSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
bentbiker
bentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the roughbentbiker is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Somebody here should be able to PM you the contact info for Stephen, the distributor for that part of the world and dealer in UAE. Surely he can save you the hassle and cost of transporting -- as long as you are not competing with him.

John Kuhn
bentbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 PM   #3
PTFunSports

5 yr Member

That would be perfect! I only offer Segway sports, no sales or guided tours.
Thanks.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

If the batteries are lithium-ion, you'll have to ship by sea. If you can't arrange to obtain local machines, then I suggest you line up an expeditor-broker who regularly handles US to Abu Dhabi shipments (and back). You have to pay extra for space inside a freighter, out of the weather. Otherwise, you can be in a topside container, and there is the real possibility of sea water entry. Package your items accordingly.

As tempting as it might be to handle the arrangements yourself, I strongly suggest going with a professional. Then your shipment is much more likely to get there when expected and get through the customs procedures.
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 PM   #5
PTFunSports

5 yr Member

Civicsman... that's some great insight and advice. I definitely don't want to muck around with making this happen by myself if can help it. I've been given some info on the local contact, so I'll look into renting first, but the shipping container tips are being noted for plan B. Good Stuff!!

Tags
insurance, segway sports