SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #91
Jujubee
Jujubee is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Newbie Saying Hello

Hello all. We have had two X2's for about a month......Best Invention EVER!! Technically, neither one belongs to me (one is my bro's and the other my grandpa's), but I ride them. Gramps is 82 and has already racked up over 100 miles.

I have been dealing with medical challenges and the Segway has given me a renewed sense of freedom. It is really great. I can't run or bike right now, but I can glide around. I tell everyone that it is like the feeling I had after receiving my first Big Wheel! Wheeeeeee.......
Old 01-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #92
Derril
Derril is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Derril, Tulsa OK, 1/11/2007

I am 71 years old with slightly bad knees. I hope to extend my walking rage with my Segway. Also I tour in a Motorhome a lot with my also retired brother. He plays golf and maybe interested in an X2 with golf package.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:27 AM   #93
Phoenix Mike
Phoenix Mike is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Smile Howdy

Got my I2 about a week and a half ago. I'm enjoying gliding, but will have to buy more sunscreen, as the Seg gets me out of the apartment into the Phoenix AZ sun much more than usual.

Mike
Old 02-06-2007, 11:07 PM   #94
DaveA
DaveA is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Good lord, what have I done?

Been following SC for a few months now, soaking up the combined knowledge of the local brain trust. (Well, tried to at any rate. Some of y'all are way too deep for me. Mr. Laurenzano comes to mind.)

I contemplated the decision to buy for a long time, and just couldn't justify it based on displaced automobile travel. But we took a tour one weekend - me and the missus, one of my daughters and my Mom - and everyone finished up with smiles on their faces.

There's my justification, right in front of me.

Jared was kind enough to fix us up, and this morning two new i2s were delivered to my door. I wasn't a lot of use at the office today, and I took a rather extended lunch hour to assemble the first of our new steeds.

Central Florida should be good for lots of glide time, so long as it doesn't rain - which is a crapshoot in summertime. My office is a mile-and-a-half from my front door, so that's an opportunity to commute to work - but you never know what it's going to be like four hours from now.

Drove for a couple of miles through my subdivision this evening, then up the highway toward the local mall. Got lots of attention from people in their yards, from some kids playing on the sidewalk ("Cool scooter!"), a honk from a passing motorist, and an amused smile from another when I hotdogged it up a cutout and almost lost it. Okay, rule number one: you aren't as good as you think you are. Press your luck and you'll be a featured video on YouTube.

Got an insurance quote from my State Farm agent yesterday. (Yeah, State Farm does Segway insurance now.) I'm shopping around for a decent surge protector; lots of lightning in Florida, y'know. Got to get a tire pump, and I've got to find some stylin' helmets, if there are such things. Hey, this stuff adds up.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:18 PM   #95
RAY-NER
RAY-NER is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

I've had my i2 since December 11, 2006 and it is more than I ever expected. It's so easy to maneuver as well as store inside my apartment. Fortunately I live on the first floor adjacent to the entrance so I don't have to go far to get started on the glide. RAY-NER
Old 02-20-2007, 05:08 PM   #96
MtAdamsPT
MtAdamsPT is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default First Time Owner - Cincinnati

Answering the roll call here . . . happy to say I've bought a used 170 as a daily commuter in Cincinnati. Can't wait 'til it gets here!!
Old 02-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #97
shep
shep is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Count me in too. I just received my used i180.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:07 PM   #98
irie
irie is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Bought (2) i2's 3 weeks ago. Already put 80 miles on mine. Gliding in Orlando, Fl and loving it.

Mike
Old 03-07-2007, 11:45 PM   #99
4rmgt
4rmgt is an unknown quantity at this point

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default New Chicago i2

Just got my brand new Black i2 and am loving it. If it wasn't so cold here in Chicago, I would probably have racked up a million miles already. When the weather improves, watch out Wrigleyville!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:08 AM   #100
dynk
dynk is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Thumbs up I'm new

Hi my name is dynk (paul), I come from Lowell, Massachusetts and yesterday I purchased my first Segway. I have a new i2, and am loving it very much. I rode if for a few hours yesterday. I have noticed I have many new friends now
I may have a few questions later on, like where can I get a small handicap emblem for the front of the Segway, so I can get it into the mall. I do have emphysema and it is one reason for purchasing it.
My first Segway experience was at DisneyWorld last December, I signed up for an intruction course. I was hooked.
Closed Thread