SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > New Member Introductions

Notices

New Member Introductions Welcome to our community! Come in and introduce yourself to other members!

Old 06-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #11
Joushou
Joushou will become famous soon enoughJoushou will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Google-Translate English: √
Ridiculously low price: √
Shown proof of ownership: X
Lack of will to meet up on person: √
Ridiculously low mileage per year: √
Shown proof of mileage: X
Eager to close the deal quickly: √

I would buy it right away!

Check the serial with Segway Inc., try to get some proof of it's existence (Pictures that you don't recognize from other sites, sound of it running on the phone, or getting him to show it to you).

This is most likely a scam, and if not, probably stolen (He points out that he's the owner... that's most likely a sign that he's NOT the owner ).

If this is in fact a real non-stolen machine, you're damn lucky to get an i167 that cheap!

Last edited by Joushou; 06-22-2009 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Meat!=Meet... Ich engrish はなします!
Joushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:51 PM   #12
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

You guys are all missing a really obvious one...

There is no miliage odometer on a 167. I believe it only records hours. (I could be wrong, but I do not think so. Even if there is an odometer, it is only accessable by a dealer, thru a hard wire hookup to the connectors in the control shaft, something that this seller did not mention)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:54 PM   #13
Joushou
Joushou will become famous soon enoughJoushou will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

I didn't know that... Well, that makes cheating with the miles rather easy...

One obvious hint of over-use would be seriously worn down tires... unless the user bothered changing them...
Joushou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:03 AM   #14
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSagal View Post
You guys are all missing a really obvious one...

There is no miliage odometer on a 167. I believe it only records hours. (I could be wrong, but I do not think so. Even if there is an odometer, it is only accessable by a dealer, thru a hard wire hookup to the connectors in the control shaft, something that this seller did not mention)
(Whacks forehead!)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #15
memgrove
memgrove is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Not going to happen !

Well After a weeks worth of email and some kind of hide and seek game from the seller I have given up on the I 167 for 650.00. I just dont feel safe with the Secrecey of the seller. I did get verrification from Segway that the I167 serial # was good and had not been reported stolen. They also could not give me any notice if phenoix is where is was supposed to be. Any way After I got the call from segway with the "all good". I sent another E-mail to the seller, I wanted more info on the "e-bay agent" (name, or e-mail adress, or web site) I also found a friend in Mesa Az to go and look at the I167 at the sellers time. And got no response other than " I need your Ebay identifaction, and home adress W/ Full name in a hurry" To "take out the buisness" the seller then went on to say that the "ebay agent's" name was none of my buisness and that I shuld just send the info Requested fast!

Well after that I decided to give up on the whole thing It was just too good to be true and I cant afford to have my Information stolen now any way!

So if any one here has a Legit sale for a seg. At the most unbelivable price in the world let me know. If not I will just have to keep plugging the quartes in the piggy bank.

Thank you all for your support and help. Mike
memgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:43 PM   #16
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Default Welcome, Mike!

Welcome, Mike! Glad to hear that your second Segway experience wasn't about how you lost your money in a scam. There are a lot of folks on here that will be glad to guide you in the common scam practices that have shown up over the years. Good luck!

Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 03:08 AM   #17
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by memgrove View Post
Well After a weeks worth of email and some kind of hide and seek game from the seller I have given up on the I 167 for 650.00. I just dont feel safe with the Secrecey of the seller. I did get verrification from Segway that the I167 serial # was good and had not been reported stolen. They also could not give me any notice if phenoix is where is was supposed to be. Any way After I got the call from segway with the "all good". I sent another E-mail to the seller, I wanted more info on the "e-bay agent" (name, or e-mail adress, or web site) I also found a friend in Mesa Az to go and look at the I167 at the sellers time. And got no response other than " I need your Ebay identifaction, and home adress W/ Full name in a hurry" To "take out the buisness" the seller then went on to say that the "ebay agent's" name was none of my buisness and that I shuld just send the info Requested fast!

Well after that I decided to give up on the whole thing It was just too good to be true and I cant afford to have my Information stolen now any way!

So if any one here has a Legit sale for a seg. At the most unbelivable price in the world let me know. If not I will just have to keep plugging the quartes in the piggy bank.

Thank you all for your support and help. Mike
"none of your business?" OK, now I am dead certain it was a scam.

Job well done -- you detected the scam, you avoided it, and you even went the extra distance to be sure it really was a scam.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote