SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Gatherings and Events

Notices

Gatherings and Events Talk and plan local gatherings, events, conventions, get togethers, meetings, glides, etc. here.

Old 12-08-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
outside

Default Naples Boat Parade Dec. 15th

Naples boat parade is on the 15th and that would be a great glide. The walkways will be really crowded, but I'm sure if we are decked out, people wouldn't mind us gliding through the crowd.

Go to this link for all the info. Naples Boat Parade.

It really is a great parade. Decorated boats cruise through the canals and Bay as people walk the canals and look at all the decorated houses an boats. It is a big event in Long Beach.

It would be great if we could get a group together. I know it's the holidays and most of our calendars are booked.

Hope we have some takers.

Last edited by outside; 12-08-2007 at 10:40 PM..

Old 12-09-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Question Would we be on the roads / bridges, or the narrow walkways?

Would this be at the same place that we went earlier in the year, with very narrow accessways in front of the homes along the water?

If so, I would have some concerns about being there at night, in a highly crowded environment. If I remember correctly, there were some areas where we could only seg single file to get across the road, and along the canals.

SEGsby
Old 12-09-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
outside

Default True

This is true. It could be a problem. However, I really would like to glide somewhere next Friday or Saturday night and view the lights. Anywhere that is highly decorated is most likely to be very crowded too. Any ideas?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
outside

Default Walk don't glide?

If anyone is interested, instead of gliding, we could walk Naples canal and watch the boat parade. It really is a lot of fun. The houses are beautifully lighted and decorated. It's great for the kids too. All the decorated and lighted boats will be gliding through the canals and bay. There are many really good restaurants and pubs in Naples and Belmont Shore (some expensive some more reasonable, plus a Jack-in-the-Box and an In-n-Out) where we could probably grab a bite to eat before the parade. After the parade we could stop at a pub and celebrate the holidays (only for those with designated drivers). Come on, you can't all be scrooges out there. lol

My husband and I plan on going. Hope we have some takers

Old 12-10-2007, 05:40 PM   #5
cmonkey
cmonkey will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player
Default Darn I can't make the 15th

But I'm hoping to scout out the light show at griffith park on the 17th.

I'm hoping I'll find a seg friendly pathway.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
SEGsby
SEGsby will become famous soon enoughSEGsby will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member

I was just concerned about the density of people and from what I recall, the narrow walkways there.

The Naples area and homes were stunning and remind me of some of the homes around the Venice Canals here... Venice also has narrow very walkways along the water, so I've never ridden my machine there; even though it's only a street away from home. Either you end up in the water, or crammed into someone's yard, if one had to pass someone there. And I could see segging in there bothering locals, so I avoid it unless I'm taking the pedestrian path over the curved bridges along the roads.

Let us know what you decide to do...

Thanks,
SEGsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachrider View Post
If anyone is interested, instead of gliding, we could walk Naples canal and watch the boat parade. It really is a lot of fun. The houses are beautifully lighted and decorated. It's great for the kids too. All the decorated and lighted boats will be gliding through the canals and bay. There are many really good restaurants and pubs in Naples and Belmont Shore (some expensive some more reasonable, plus a Jack-in-the-Box and an In-n-Out) where we could probably grab a bite to eat before the parade. After the parade we could stop at a pub and celebrate the holidays (only for those with designated drivers). Come on, you can't all be scrooges out there. lol

My husband and I plan on going. Hope we have some takers
Old 12-10-2007, 07:31 PM   #7
outside

Default Walk

Jim and I are going to walk or sit and watch the Naples boat parade. There will be no segging that night.

Old 12-11-2007, 03:17 AM   #8
Legally Blonde
Legally Blonde is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Talking Sounds good!!

Either way, that sounds like fun! I think we may be able to make that. Let us know the details, and we will meet you there!
Old 12-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #9
outside

Default Parade info

I am going to get more information on the Naples boat parade and figure out the best place for us all to meet up. I will post a map at that time.

Old 12-15-2007, 04:42 PM   #10
outside

Default Bah, Humbug!

I'm becoming a Grinch this Christmas. Too much to do. I promised to get back regarding the Naples Boat Parade. We are going this evening. LegallyBlond, if you still want to go, meet us at 5:30 in the Naples Plaza park at Naples Plaza and Vista del Golfo. Here is the MAP It is easy to get to. Just get off the 405 freeway at the 7th Street off-ramp. Then go right on Studebaker Road off-ramp. Turn left onto Studebaker Road, and go all the way to Westminster Ave. Turn right on to Westminster. At PCH Westminster turns into Second Street. Continue through light at PCH and Second St. Go over the Second Street bridge. At the very first signal (Naples Plaza) turn left and go to the end and you will see the park. It will be croweded. You may be able to find parking at the parking lot next to the yacht club. (See map). We will wait at the park until 6:00 p.m. Hope to see you there. This information and map is for anyone who would like to join us. Hope to see you there.

Last edited by outside; 12-15-2007 at 07:49 PM.. Reason: Insterted map.