SegwayChat
Home . Old Gallery

Go Back   SegwayChat > Segway Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support For community-related suggestions, feedback, technical questions, problems and support.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:46 PM   #1
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee
Default Tutorial on How to Use Coppermine for Forum Photos

I am not able to figure out how to use Coppermine - can either of you guys do a brief tutorial - how to set up an album, how to upload photos, etc. I see that you both have been successful at it. (I never said I was a true techie.)

Thanks
Pam

Last edited by pam; 12-18-2006 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: To clear up title
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
I am not able to figure out how to use Coppermine - can either of you guys do a brief tutorial - how to set up an album, how to upload photos, etc. I see that you both have been successful at it. (I never said I was a true techie.)

Thanks
Pam
I found it pretty self explanatory. I have been attempting to get folks started with a brief description on how to "find" it. To see these, search for the term "Coppermine" here in the SC search feature and look for my posts.

If you just go through the steps to upload a picture, you will be prompted to set an album. Each time a new picture is uploaded, an album has to be selected for it, otherwise it won't get in. The first time I uploaded a picture was long enough ago that I do not remember all the little details. Maybe it was a link to create an album instead of a prompt.

Now that I have albums, I would have to delete them all to see how the webpage works for someone who doesn't. Maybe I could create a new SC identity to see how it would look for a first-timer.

I'm a little busy this time of year to sit down and write a tutorial. There ought to be something "on the net" already.

If you have a specific spot where you are stuck, I can try to provide more assistance.

If you're trying to find out how to administrate Coppermine, there's this:

Coppermine Photo Gallery v1.3.3: Documentation and Manual
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:27 AM   #3
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member
Default How to add pictures in three (3) easy steps

Coppermine Tutorial:

(Note: if you want to read these instructions while you are posting pictures, press the "SHIFT" key when performing Step 1. This will open the Coppermine Photo Gallery in a new window)

1. Getting There: Click on the "Photos" link in the upper right hand corner. This will take you to the Photo Album section of Segway Chat

2. Albums: Prior to uploading a picture you must first have an album in which to store it. If you already have an album you will be using, skip to step 3
a) Click on "Create / Order my Albums" (Middle Top)
b) Click on "New" (Bottom Left)
c) In text box below "New" button, type in name of Album (it will originally be called "New Album")
d) Click "Apply These Modifications"
e) Click "OK"
f) Click "Continue"

3. Adding Pictures:
a) Click on "Upload File" (Middle Top)
b) Select the picture(s) you want to upload by clicking "Browse" and, via the Windows Pop-Up window, browsing to where you have stored the file and selecting it.
c) You can only upload FIVE (5) files at a time and there is a size limit per photo (currently 4 MB).
d) Once you have selected all the files you wish to upload, click "Continue". Depending on the size of your files and the speed of your connection, this upload process may take a few minutes. PLEASE BE PATIENT.
e) Once the upload is completed click "Continue"
f) The following steps must be completed for each picture:
- Select album in which to place picture
- Add Title for picture
- Add Description
- Add Keywords
- Click "Continue"
g) You will be informed once all pictures are placed in an album. Click "Continue"

4. Caveats:
a) The Coppermine software is very very very sloooooooow. Be patient
b) The Coppermine software sometimes does not connect. If at first you dont' succeed, try, try again

Have fun...and let's post some pictures!

Steven

Last edited by pam; 12-11-2006 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: Edited title at author's request
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:58 AM   #4
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Bless you both for responding. I certainly understand busy!!! I made 18 batches of biscotti yesterday (and one batch of cookies <G>). That takes care of the office.....
Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:13 PM   #5
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
Bless you both for responding. I certainly understand busy!!! I made 18 batches of biscotti yesterday (and one batch of cookies <G>). That takes care of the office.....
Pam
OK...you have to post the recipe even tho it may be off topic!

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:43 PM   #6
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
OK...you have to post the recipe even tho it may be off topic!
Just the recipe? I'm thinking that she should send a batch to all the active SC members!

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
BillPaxton
BillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the roughBillPaxton is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

There is another tool that may make things alot easier for you - if you download flock http://downloads.flock.com
it is a web browser - it has a mass-picture uploader that can automatically log into most of the big freebie picture sites (I use photobucket.com and flickr.com because each gives you 1gb of uploads free).
You literally open your web browser and click a button labelled "pics" then click upload. A black filmstrip appears at the top of the page - you drag pictures from your pc folders there and drop them. Rearrange as you like, caption if you choose to. Click the upload button and it will ask you to log into one of the services, then it tells you when its all done. Saved a lot of time if you do hundred at a time liek I do

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. ~Ernest Hemingway

Last edited by BillPaxton; 12-11-2006 at 03:54 PM..
BillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #8
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

BTW, Coppermine admins can batch add files.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man
Gihgehls is offline   Reply With Quote